National 12 - find out more...

Ripon SC 'Summer Meeting' - 7 and 8 July

Started by Roly Mo, 08 May 2007, 06:08

« previous - next »

mack2

Thanks found it. Hope to be able to attend.

Mack

duncan

Would like to attend, however meeting the prototype of my car at Glamis Castle is taking precidence this year.  The boat is 15 years newer than the tow car !   Both working  well & very environmentally friendly.  Hope to be next year.  
Duncan 3024
Duncan,  & still missing the (liquid) bar on the 10 tonner 

Roly Mo

Had a fantastic day's sailing today, racing Xanthus against Roly Mo.  No not a feat of imagination, Roly was being 'practised' on by Phil Benn for next weekend, and I was really glad to have someone to race against in Xanthus.  Interestingly we were 10 seconds different in the first race (he won) and in slightly lighter conditions we got home about 3 minutes ahead of him.  It's going to be fantastic racing next weekend if we get the same sort of wind conditions.  Bring it on (without the rain please)!

Now going to fit longer toe straps for the crew . . .

RM

icecreamman

By that I take it Ellie will be in the sharp end next weekend?????

Little Bo

Sadly not - concentration span of a gnat!   Likely to sail between races though.

Mrs RM

icecreamman

Must be a girl thing as Lib is pretty much the same

8)

Antony

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=2109

If you believe weather forecasts then the Ripon event looks like it might be blessed!  With 40 boats, and some sunshine, and the organisational efforts that have gone in ot this event it is going to be great!

Antony

james

Does anyone need a crew for the weekend? I'm 5' 9'' about 11.5 stone,
done a fair bit of crewing in N12s and I own one. I've got my own transport
and live fairly locally. Contact me on 07969210173

Roly Mo

Why don't you bring your boat along?  If you are stuck for a crew we may be able to find someone.  Let us know asap if you want us to start hunting!

RM

james

Sadly I can't because its down at TVSC (so it may have turned into a submarine) and I've got no way of transporting it up to Ripon. Don't suppose you know of anyone that needs a crew tho?

Roly Mo

Hi James

No-one needing a crew at present but come along anyway because it would be good to see you, and bring your gear too as there's bound to be someone needing a crew at some point.

RM

james

My cars just broken down so sadly I'm not going to be able to make it at all  :'( Will have to wait for the next open to see what Ripons like, hopefully with steam pudding.

Roly Mo

A really big THANK YOU to all of you who came along and supported this event - we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did!  Don't forget we've got our usual Open Meeting on 6 October, closely followed by Yeadon on 7 October - why not come back and join us again?

Team Roly Mo

Jimbo41

THG

Twin Camms 1st no doubt - Meds was given 2nd as I recall but there may be a stewards enquiry in the results as the last race was not recorded correctly (and maybe the 3rd).

The pursuit was dominated by the vintages.

Loads of old vintage clinkers (lots of shiny wood), quite a few ACs and the newer DBs.  Not sure of the final numbers but a great turn out!!

Saturday was VERY VERY gusty - I think max gust was around 40 knots and the results will show lots of DNF and DNCs.  Big respect to any 12 crews - I went in front end of a Foolish and swam more times than I care to recall - but we did finish (after some of the vintages  :B ) but it was good fun  :D

Sunday was a big change - went too light a few times but overall a much better day (depending on your point of view).  The racing was generally much closer (although G&Z still way ahead).

I'm sure full results will be up soon - there were some awesome pics too - ever seen a 12 do a front nose dive VERTICAL and have back end up in the air??

Kean

THG

n12 Bottom Banner