National 12 - find out more...

Ripon SC 'Summer Meeting' - 7 and 8 July

Started by Roly Mo, 08 May 2007, 06:08

« previous - next »

Roly Mo

A poll of the Northern and Scottish fleets suggests that we are going to have a strong vintage fleet at the above, and numbers are already looking v encouraging across the board.  Who's coming to play?   On top of the sailing there's the promise of great cakes and lots of real ale . . . .

Team Roly Mo

angus

I'm up for the real ale cann't stand that pretend stuff. I think I'll bring my mole scarer with me. By the way did I get infront of John at Solway cause I got nearer the water? By about a yard...... ::)
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

John Meadowcroft

This should be at the top of the list...

We are coming, with kids and grand parents.

john

Antony

Jo and I are certainly planning to be there, a great club and the promise of lots of 12s of all ages... why would we miss that.

Antony
N3484

Jerry G (Guest)

THG

My first sailing Club - must have changed a bit from when I was last there - assume they removed the old sunken dredger!

Will be there with #1 & #2 crews.

Kean
N3339
THG

Antony

Kean,
Without wishing to ask your age... I would check the directions  before you set off.  I think that the club has changed by a distance of several  miles, it is now in a village called Farnham that is North East of Harrogate and nowhere near Ripon.

See you there,
Antony

THG

Thats where it always was - it moved from Ripon many years before I was there!!

My first prize there was crewing for a Mr Roger Tushingham (of windsurfing sail fame) back in 1975 - I know I don't look that old  ;D  :o

Kean
THG

FuzzyDuck

aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

Little Bo

Looking really good - already 20+ entries!

Don't let tales of sunken dredgers put you off - it's still there, but much lower in the water (you can sail over it most of the time) and well marked by buoys!  Kean - the main change you will notice is the trees, which have softened the landscape somewhat (oh for some good coppicing!!).

The real ale was sampled at the Club 50th anniversay bash this weekend and pronounced to be excellent, so that should keep people happy!

Looking forward to a great weekend,

Mrs Roly Mo

Mike S

Unfortunately the N12 event of the year clashes with a rather larger event in London involving skinny men on two wheels. On the assumption that there will always be another N12 event but there's only one Tour de France in London, I've opted for the latter. Will be making the trip up north to WRSC though.

Mike
N3274
EPS 114 - to sail when the crew is "indisposed"

angus

All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Ken Goddard (Guest)

Roly, subject to my wife's treatment contiung okay, I hope to add to the Vintage 12 fleet on the 7th.
Regards
Ken Goddard
N.2300 "Duodecimal"

Roly Mo

]Vintage fleet now fast approaching 10 boats!      Should be a fantastic weekend, invitations to the evening event being extended to our list of past N12ers as we speak - last October we managed over 100 for supper and we definitely look set to exceeed this in July.

Angus - taking a chainsaw to your boat is just taking things too far.  OK, it might make the gunwhales more streamlined but the results of working on them with a plane might be a little kinder on the eye!  Moles don't get scared (much).

Roly Mo

Roly Mo

The Briefing Pack for the event is now linked from the events page.  Hopefully this provides you with sufficient information about location, race times etc but if anyone has any questions please get in touch.  

The list of likely entries is now approaching 30, with Vintage still looking like the biggest fleet.  Having just spent the weekend sailing Xanthus there with Ellie I am itching to get afloat on the 7th July and really looking forward to a great weekend.  I'm delighted to report that both Witch and Witchcraft will be afloat again, thanks to Howard Steavenson's generosity and the helmsmanship of a brace of Miatts.

If you are intending to come along and need a crew we need to know now so that we can find someone suitable - we have a thriving junior section and there are a number of young sailors who would like to get involved.

Happy Sailing

RM

PS   The beer this weekend was jolly good - 3 barrels being ordered for our gathering!

n12 Bottom Banner