National 12 - find out more...

Ripon SC 'Summer Meeting' - 7 and 8 July

Started by Roly Mo, 08 May 2007, 06:08

« previous - next »

Jimbo41

Very much looking forward to the postings  :D

I had a windy Saturday on the Ammersee - Force 4 gusting 6(!) I managed to keep the boat upright although I was solo sailing - some fluke eh? Planing upwind is really freaky too.... :o It's at times like this when I'm greatful for my 90Kg weight!

Cheers!

Jim.

Roly Mo

The report, and some pics, should be on the site soon.  In the meantime we can confirm that there was a Stewards Inquiry and that the full results which will be posted do show some differences from those announced yesterday.  We apologise for any confusion caused.  Let's just say that sail result software isn't used to coping with the pecularities of N12's!

The Twin Camm engine did indeed win, convincingly, with 4 1sts.  Meds and Katy were second, with Sam and Fiona Mettam 3rd.  Gavin and Sabrina Willis took 4th (with their boat definitely being the talking point of the non N12 sailors on the bank), Stevie and Joanne Sallis 5th, and Philip and Helen David 6th.  Kevin and Lesley were 7th, with Roly Mo (under the very capable junior hands of Phil Benn and David Moore) 8th.

We had a magnificent 37 entries and all enjoyed ourselves tremendously.  Angus gave us a fab demonstration of Scottish Country dancing, Stevie showed how to pitch pole and Ian P showed how to submarine.  Lots of people gave demonstrations of bucket management skills, with ICM's crew probably deserving the award for her bailing skills.

All in all a fantastic weekend - thanks to everyone who came along and supported it.

Team Roly Mo

Kevin

I don't know about Jennie being so profuse with her thanks to us for attending, I think all those of us who went to Ripon SC this weekend owe her a HUGE vote of thanks. Jennie has been really active for months in pulling this together, not only in respect of ensuring everything was organised for us sailors but also in cajoling people to lend boats, finding crews, baby sitters, and I suspect loads of other things as well. For somone who doesn't actually compete themselves, this is a really selfless attitude, which is very unusual and welcomed (at least by me). Well worth the 500 mile round trip.

Hope to have the overall results for the Gill series done tomorrow. Subsidiaries may take a little longer as I only have a short lunch break!

Kevin

John Meadowcroft

report now on the home page with a set of results which look more sensible. http://www.national12.org/events/2007/gill_series_at_ripon_and_summer.shtml

If you have any photos please stick them on a CD and send to Graham + Zoe - address details in the year book so that they can add to the archive.  The same with video footage.

It is not too late to come down to Burton Week - I know of people who even have space in their houses to accomodate fellow competitors!

To find out more get in touch with Antony Gifford on chairman@national12.org

John.

n12 Bottom Banner