National 12 - find out more...

Ripon SC 'Summer Meeting' - 7 and 8 July

Started by Roly Mo, 08 May 2007, 06:08

« previous - next »

angus

Ahem the chainsaw was for the trees actually not your boat. I hear that strychnine  poisned worms is a good way of getting rid of moles and I have plenty of worms ;D ;D
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

hairy dog

get a Mungral up ya! :o

grazz

Tim Gatti

Planning to be there to boost the Vintage fleet with N341 following its brief appearance at Yeadon last October.

Possess some dacron sails now (thanks to Howard C) so don't have to worry about getting the original cotton ones wet!

Looking forward to meeting you all and seeing how we fare against N153 and any other Uffa Kings.

Just in process of sorting a crew - any thoughts/offers/willing volunteers?!

Roly Mo

Roly Mo

Antony

Finally booked accomodation, now really looking forward to it!!  I can recommend the Knaresborough Tourist Information on 0845 389 0177 who sorted us out with somewhere family friendly.

Anybody still undecided about coming to this one I can assure that Team Roly Mo have ensured that you will not have a spare minute of your time there to wonder if it is enjoyable, between the sailing, the social and the potential to watch others make fools of themselves it will be non stop fun.

On a more serious note, I am concious that it is hard to promote this event to non-members.  If any of you have other 12s at your home club and they are not members then please tell them that this is an event that they would be very welcome at, and one that will have a large number of 12s of all ages and abilities (I am talking about the helms, crews, and boats!).

Antony

Roly Mo

Entries now at 30!  Vintage fleet still in the lead - rumours of fierce competition and news sails abound!

RM

THG

'news sails' - does that make them easier to read?  ;)
THG

Martin (N3355) (Guest)

Looking to make the trip up in my Crusader. (well my car with Crusader in tow actually)

Looking at accomodation, my (non sailing) wife wants to use the time for a spot of shopping in Leeds/York on Saturday, so we are looking to base ourselves there, hopefully Friday night as well as Saturday.

Would prefer to leave the boat at the sailing club Friday evening, will it be open? if not,no worries we will make the trip up Saturday morning. Be good to know so we can book the accomodation this week.

Looking forward to the weekend

Martin

Roly Mo

Glad to hear you are coming to join the fun!  Yes, you can bring your boat to the club on Friday night - we will be there from about 6pm onwards I guess.   Will email you separately with contact details as it is likely the gate will be locked and we will need to let you in.

If you base yourselves in Harrogate your wife could 'let the train take the strain' - Harrogate has good rail links to both York and Leeds.  Knaresborough has a station too, with direct links to York and Harrogate and from Harrogate links to Leeds (if memory serves me correctly some trains run from York through to Harrogate and then on to Leeds).

Look forward to seeing you,

Team Roly Mo

mack2

Hello there,

I am having some problems finding the link on the events page!! It is probably me! However I would like some directions and details because I would really like to join the party if I can?

Mack2

Roly Mo

Go to the home screen for the website and you've two options - either the photobox link or a text link.  Look forward to seeing you there!

Team Roly Mo

n12 Bottom Banner