National 12 - find out more...

Vintage Inland Champs 2013

Started by paul turner, 12 Nov 2012, 01:41

« previous - next »

paul turner

Greetings All!

I am delighted to report that the N12 VINTAGE WORLD INLAND CHAMPIONSHIPS are to be held at Foremark Reservoir, South Derbyshire, courtesy of Burton Sailing Club on the weekend of 29th/30th June 2013.

Vintage definition = wooden and clinker (not the age of the helm or crew!)

The event details are being worked up at the moment but may well include three Derwent Handicap races on the Saturday, a nostalgic magic lantern show on the Saturday night, concours judging, and three races on the Sunday with separate trophies for clinker and ribbed boats - but any other suggestions are welcome!

To help with planning, please let us know if you intend joining us for this new event on the N12 calendar - and whether you will be sailing, watching or would like to borrow a vintage boat to sail. Please post here or email me direct. Px :K)

angus

Hi Paul, I will endeavour to come but you have picked rather a bad weekend for me as Scottish school holidays start around that time, It is also dependant on Reflection staying together for more than 20 minutes at a time! I don't think my new boat would be welcomed.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

moggseyb

I am at present restoring 2208 it has been a long haul! and hope to have her up and running (floating) with the 2013 championships as target to aim for would you please pencil my name in (probably as support act) for the weekend at the same time hopefully picking up some tips for 12 sailing.Chris:o

Simon moss (Guest)

Hi subject to borrowing a boat Im pretty sure me and Thomas would love to come an play.

Chadders

Hi Simon Assuming that you  have a towbar I may be able to help with a proven fast vintage boat that could be collected from a market town near you!  That assumes that I get my finger out and put the fittings back on my China Doll, a long threatened job that will only take a couple of days but has been pending for the last year!  Give me a call sometime.  Howard C (number in the book if not in your phone)  PS  Paul yes we will be coming along too crew and boat TBC. 8):P

Simon (Guest)

Hi Howard that's a very kind offer.we'd be delighted to accept. I'll give you a ring next week.Kirsty has put it in her diary so I'm a definite.:)

Jennie Clark

Ellie and I should be there with Xanthus as the Tera Nationals have now been moved

B

PD

I'll certainly bear it in mind .... It does sound good!

philip, n2545

Tim Gatti

If anyone would like to sail a ribby at this event - I currently have four fully restored and race rigged with a fifth (a new build Uffa King) nearing completion.

N341 Uffa King (1938)

N493 Laughter - Jack Holt's 19Burton Cup Winner (his Holt 500's were developed from this mould)

N711 Sinner - a Gnome design

N1183 - one of the last ribbed Proctor Mk11's to be built

N3541 - new build Uffa King (using trad materials and methods)

Please contact me direct via email or phone (07944 300749) if you are interested in sailing one on one or both days of the event

Photo of some of the fleet racing at Yeadon SC attached...(photo by Jennie Clark)

Tim

Tim Gatti

Hi

It was good to see and talk to so many 12 sailors at the RYA Dinghy Exhibition this weekend.

There was much interest in the N12 Vintage Inland Championships being held in late June and quite a few owners are now keen to dust off the vintage Twelves they have in storage ready for the event.

The likes of the Camm's and Meadowcrofts are also keen to be included in the fun so there could be a really broad mix of crews in attendance from across the 12 fleet.

Boats - ribbed and non-ribbed are available to loan from the extensive Northern & Midlands fleets for those who would like to participate but who don't own a vintage craft

To help with organization, if you haven't already done so please indicate below if you plan to attend and whether or not you would like to borrow a vintage 12 for the event.

It looks like it's going to be a great weekend - don't miss it.

Tim Gatti

NTOA Vintage Rep

alann

Hi Tim

I am planing to be there in my chimp 1520 and i know Jeremy is keen.Either in his lucky number 2431 or

The Flying saucer 1277

Alan Beeton

Tim Gatti

Look forward to seeing you and Jeremy there Alan.

He mentioned at the Dinghy Show that you would be going

Tim

Jennie Clark

Xanthus will be there

Team RM

paul turner

Greetings All. The numbers seem to be growing for the Vintage Champs:

N1650 Smuggler - Graham Camm

N2020 Starfish - Dave Peacock

N2399 Mr Jones - hopefully to be sailed a former owner of said boat?

N2403 China Doll - me and Christine

N2487 Dolly Daydream - Nick Gill

Plus we hope to have several other vintage N12s from Trent Valley (but sadly not N2492 Whisper).

How many is that so far.....? Px

Chadders

Having difficulty counting Paul?  

N2266 and N2683 will be competing I will sail one and Simon Moss is sailing the other although I am still awaiting his call so may need to find another Jockey?  (hint for Simon!)

Howard C aka Chadders

n12 Bottom Banner