National 12 - find out more...

Vintage Inland Champs 2013

Started by paul turner, 12 Nov 2012, 01:41

« previous - next »

Jennie, Bernard and Ellie (Guest)

Oh wow, what a weekend!  The club made us SO welcome, the weather was just about perfect and we've come home thinking 'that was one of the best weekends we've had this year'.  Thank you to everyone who made it happen, and let's do it again!
Jennie, Bernard and Ellie

paul turner

A big "thank you" to all who sailed at, spectated during, or helped to run the Vintage Inland Champs at the weekend - I think it was a great success but let's see what peeps have to say. We did have some brilliant weather and great sailing!

A special mention to Kevan & Janet who did all the important behind the scenes paperwork stuff, Nick Gill for the sponsorship and presenting the prizes, Tim Gatti (PA and projector), Jennie Clark (Quiz), Kevan (again - photos) and huge "thank you" to Burton Sailng Club (especially Craig Hellon and Bill Hooton) for making us all so welcome and running things so efficiently!

And a "thank you" in advance to Jeremy who has volunteered to do a big write up (which may well include the word "ironic"!) I think that some photos and some video fooptage may also appear.

I'm going to have a lie down now! Px 8)

Tim Gatti

I'd echo that and add another big 'thank you' to you too 'Mr T' for all your efforts in pulling/putting it all together, and lending out your vintage yots and arranging the wonderful weekend weather. Don't know how you do it.

Bigger and even better next year.

Hopefully we can get more ribbies out to compete for the Gill Admiral's Cup Trophy - four available for loan from my collection including Jack Holt's 1946 Burton Cup winner - 'Laughter' N493. All fully kitted out and ready to go. (Book early to avoid disappointment!)

Tim

grazz

Definitely the best weekends sailing this year, sun and breeze, I'd forgotten that was possible in England. And on top of that we got  N1650 Smuggler up on the plane! Many thanks of Paul for organising the weekend and lending us one the Turner Collection. Glad we managed to return her in one piece (well mostly...) I was a little worried with the breeze Sunday afternoon.
Graham

Simon moss (Guest)

To echo everyone else it was brilliant!! Thomas and I had a fantastic boys weekend in a lovely boat(thanks Howard) Toms best line whilst going the wrong side of mark 7 'never mind Daddy at least we're having fun' kind of Summed  it up for me.
thanks again 
simon and Thomas

Steve (Guest)

Hear, hear. What a great weekend and thanks to Paul for the loan of what is arguably the quickest of his vintage collection or even the quickest vintage.
Kevan's photos are great and well worth a look, they really show what fantastic conditions we had.
Steve & Carole

paul turner

Pity I can't sail Dolly as fast as you can! :-/

But seriously, thank you for all your comments and the constructive suggestions; there seems to be strong support for making this an annual event. I will post a proposed revised programme for comment when all the feedback is in. We did budget for 20 boats and so I suspect that we will make a small financial loss this year; we would want to have a few more competitors next time.

Px

n12 Bottom Banner