DavidW

This one at least!

cheers
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

John Murrell (Guest)

Rick,

Good question!

From experience, whilst people plan to do events the actual decision isn't made until they look at the weather forecast on the Friday before the event............. Helps the organising club's planning no end!

Having so said we are hoping for 10 boats. And for the first time in over 5 years I won't be here for a Salcombe open meeeting - hospital beckons to start getting the knees sorted out at last.

John
(Proud new owner of 3003)

Jimbo41

John!

Good luck with the knee op. And welcome back to the N12 fleet!

Jim N3130 (Wood if I could)

P.S. You didn't choose this boat because of the symmetry of number did you?  ;)

John Murrell (Guest)

Nah!

I have always liked Bouncers, its got a daggerboard, had a double floor retro fitted and looks like new!

John

Jimbo41

Ok. So we'll see you on the water soon eh?

Jim N3130 (Wood - Positive Buoyancy)

THG

A couple of thoughts;

Anyone done a costing / show whats involved in converting an AC to a DB or some sort of hybrid - may help to promote sails of the older ACs.

Secondly - how much 'Pimp my 12' can you get away with?  If a D-board is not legal today - can you re-build the 12 around the existing boat - some sort of conversion of say a Bouncer to a Numinous say (keeping the same registration certificate)?

Kean
Not intending to re-build
THG

Antony (Guest)

Kean,
Both good questions.
1.  The answer is to ask Derek Davis or Steve Lightfoot, as these are the two people that have done their own conversions.  Derek is still involved in the class, or will be when once again when he gets his new boat wet.  Alternatively, ask Mike Cooke for a quote!  From talking to Steve years ago it is a fiddly job but not as difficult as it initially sounds.
2.  If you change the hull shape it is my view that the boat would need to be re-measured.  If a boat with a daggerboard is re-measured it will not be a N12 as it has the banned daggerboard.   This has not yet been tested, as Derek promises that he did not change the hull shapee and it certainly still looks like a Bouncer, and it is my hope that it never will be.

More generally there have, to my mind, be very few serious efforts to take weight out of decent AC boats and/or fit more buoyancy or a floor.  It is a shame as they are the boats that bridge the gap between AC and DB.

Antony

rick perkins

All interesting stuff - but back on topic who is will be at Salcombe?

I have only ever seen the 12 we own and figure it would be nice to see some others but I don't fancy a 550 mile round trip to sail with 5 other boats ...

I would go to the GWSC meeting if I could make it but I am involved with Musto Skiff Coaching that weekend.

So ... how many boats will be their (rough guesses ...)

Rick
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Antony (Guest)

Rick,
I think that John Murrell was being pretty realistic with his best guess of 10.  The big Open at Salcombe is in May, and so this one has never had a great support.  There are about 5-6  local boats and then probably 5-6 including David that will make the trip.

Grafham is obviously the big one, it is a shame that you cannot make it as there were a couple of things I was interested in discussing with you (ironically including training!).

Antony

John Murrell (Guest)

Rick,

So far I have commitments from one of our local boats, David Wilkins and Will Henderson are planning to come down and show everyone the way round! As I have said, getting people to pre-enter in the Twelve class is a nightmare!

Oh well such is the task of sailing club administration!!

John

rick perkins

Well - unless the forecast is awfull we'll come down and sail with you ... :)
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

simon ballantine

It will be good to see you down here in Salcombe, Rick and at the very least you are guaranteed to beat at least one boat.... (mine)

DavidW

I'm affraid I can only make Sunday but I'm unlikely to check any forecasts before I leave as I'm feeling withdrawal symptoms having missed the Regatta this year!

Looking forward to a brilliant day!

Cheers
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

rick perkins

Any top tips for good B&Bs?

Rick
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W