National 12 - find out more...

Salcombe Y.C Open

Started by rick perkins, 09 Oct 2006, 07:47

« previous - next »

Jimbo41

Jon_P

Try Brian and Nola,
They are up at the top but it means you will have not trouble leaving a trailer outside and they are very friendly.  Otherwise try the tourist information, lots on there.

http://www.salcombebedandbreak.co.uk/
http://www.salcombeinformation.co.uk/bed.htm

Jon

JohnMurrell

Jon,

Also give Roger & Anne PettyBrown a call 01548 842732.

I am intending to pull together a liist of our boat friendly members who do B&B for next year!

John

Jimbo41

That's a good idea John!  :D

If I fall out with my parents we'll still be able to do BW and Salcombe back-to-back!!!!

Cheers!

Jim N3130 (N4470 coming soon)

A website posting wouldn't be a bad idea either.....

JohnMurrell

Already on the case!!!!

rick perkins

Forecast is 26mph Sat & 31mph on Sun ... would they still race?
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

John Meadowcroft

Unfortunately we cannot be there.  I have never known sailing cancelled at Salcombe due to too much wind but there could always be the first time...  3 or 4 years ago we had a real demolition derby in strong breeze.  NOt sure what the tides are, I guess you will get the full range, but launching at low tide from the dinghy park in lots of breeze from any (and definitely from the wrong direction) will be as challenging as it gets - despite flat water there is limited space and there would be some pretty tasty gusts.

Salcombe provides super windy sailing.  I am jealous.

Jimbo41

Meds!

Come over in August 2007 right after BW. You were there  at  Salcombe this season weren't you? Unfortunately, this time didn't have a boat but John pressganged me into marshalling on Monday. I got a few nice photos out in the bag, in spite of the pesky solos and lasers going through the ICC kids boats at the Saltstone and making me work for my money...

Your boat's Max Factor, right? I'll have a dig around. I've got a few of Texas Flood too.

Jim N3130 (soon 3470 too - both wood :D)

Jon_P

Jim,
But they are not made of wood?
What were you doing taking photos of not wooden objects?! were you feeling ok?
Jon

Jimbo41

Jon_P.

Listen, it's my personal choice and there's no accounting for taste - take Mikey C's cosmetic carbon (for stocking tops?)...

Anyways, Meds is the deputy Chairman....  ;) ;) Who knows, maybe there'll be  a meeting in Bavaria in 2008....

Jim N3130 (wood - be ideal)

Jimbo41

Boing!

How was it at the weekend????

Jim N3130 (wood - perfect plankin')

JohnMurrell

Report from one who wasn't there, but sitting in a hospital bed!

Sailing wasn't cancelled - abandoned on Saturday as the safetyboats were flying around picking up bits of boats but......................

Most got repaired and on Sunday 2 races were got in!
Overall Will and Mary Henderson were first, Keri Harris with his daughter and one of the SYC Cadets second, Gavin nad Jasmine Willis third and David Wilkind and Adele Cameron fourth.

More than that I have yet to find out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I have one titanium knee now!

John

John Meadowcroft

John
hope that you are up and running soon.  how many did Keri have on board?
meds

Jimbo41

rick perkins

Saraturday we launched and arrived on the start line in some quite strong breeze.

Our mast ram buckeled up and we turned for home and the race was abandoned a few minuets later.

IMHO it was too windy to sail and there were few broken Solos although a few finished.

On Sunday the forcast was bad but we started anyway.

We were having a good race in 3rd until some serious breeze arrived; we had a monster run but eventually span out and decided it was all too much.

Will Hendersen won, Gavin was second and David was 3rd I think there were no other finishers.

All teh visitors then packed in - I am not anyone finished the 2nd race.
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

n12 Bottom Banner