National 12 - find out more...

Salcombe Gill Open Meeting

Started by JohnMurrell, 07 Mar 2008, 02:55

« previous - next »

JohnMurrell

I have put he NOR and Entry Forms on the Salcombe website today - www.salcombeyc.org.uk
For the evening social entertainment I have ogranised a Pie, Chips and Stittles evening for Saturday   and on Sunday Spud Rowsell has been volunteered to give a short talk titled ' Twelve's when I were a boy!' should be very amusing and then there will be the traditional Salcombe carvery to round the evening off.
Boats will be kept at Batson Boatpark for the weekend and there will be no charge for boats in the boatpark Saturday am  to Monday afternoon, however if you are planning on arriving early / staying on for a few days there may be a charge made. Also the Salcombe Harbour Master will not be charging Harbour Dues for the event, thanks Ian!
There are a number of B&B's in Salcombe and it appears that they are filling fast, however I have spoken to the Squires at Higher Rew camp Site and they will charge £9.00 a night for a camping pitch (car, tent, 2 adults and accompanied kids). Give Sue Squire a call on 01548 842681 to book your pitch and mention that you are coming to the Salcombe 12 open meeting and she will try to keep everyone together.

JohnMurrell

And the one thing I forgot was entries....................................................
Those who know the Salcombe set up will realise that entrying in advance saves everyone a lot of hassle!!!! We don't charge extra for entries on the day but if you can let me at least know you are coming it helps to make sure that:
a) there is enough space put aside in the boatpark to accomodate everyone
b) and most importantly, we have enough beer and food to keep everyone happy!

Jimbo41

Quote from: 112And the one thing I forgot was entries....................................................
Those who know the Salcombe set up will realise that entrying in advance saves everyone a lot of hassle!!!! We don't charge extra for entries on the day but if you can let me at least know you are coming it helps to make sure that:

b) and most importantly, we have enough beer and food to keep everyone happy!

As long as you're not doing the cooking yourself Yoda!
Jim ;D

JohnMurrell (Guest)

Antony (Guest)

I am now really looking forward to going sailing in my 12 in the warm and sunny conditions of Salcombe. 
John, do you have any more details about the timing of the socials?  This might seem a strange question, but i was wondering if either night was going to begin in time to bring the children to the first part of it and then take them home.  Having sorted out the accomodation i am now thinking about the babysitting!
p.s.  Where is that entry form you were going on about?
Antony

Antony (Guest)

I found my own answer to the second question, and a partial answer to my first!!
http://www.salcombeyc.org.uk/res/user/306_notice-of-race-may-2008.doc

Antony

Nathan Harding

Unfortunately i wont be there as i'm playing for Wales at the British Lacrosse Nationals in Wilmslow, shame it was good fun last year!! That means jono is safe from abuse, especially from helen this year! Hope everyone has fun!
Nath
N3505

Antony (Guest)

It sounds like the property rental companies have started to negotiate weekend rates with people (they hold back in the hope of getting a full week rental and then give in!), so the cost for the 3-4 nights is less than they quote on their websites.  It might make a house in Salcombe work out cheaper than you expect......
The two main companies are Coast & Country Cottages and Salcombe Holiday Homes.
Antony

antony (Guest)

Time to get those entry forms in.  I strongly suspect that more people are planning their trip to Salcombe, or indeed have booked a house etc. than have managed to put a cheque in the post to John.
Antony

John T (Guest)

We are going to be there ... and Antony is right we have not yet managed to get the cheque to JM. We also hear that there will be an entrant for the long running "swiftest return from childbirth to sidedeck" competition joining us on the water.
Looking forward to seeing lots of you there.
John and Mandy
N3443

Mike Storey

Accomodation sorted cheques sent. We're there!
Mike
N3491

Derek

I'll be there but still have to sort crew, car and accom issues - minor stuff. Let's hope spring has made it in the next couple of weeks!
Derek 3510

bim (Guest)

We'll be there. Had the practice run this weekend, going to the parents in law (1.5 hr drive, slept all the way there and back). Brilliant.
Accom booked, parents in law as babysitters booked, cheque in the post today. Looking forward to it.

Bim, Jane & Rose (now 7 wks and 4 days) 
N 3410

MikeDay

And us too - Anne, Flipside and I are making the journey south with daughter + boyfriend as house cooks.  Accommodation booked, cheque in post to John.  First outing of the year and looking forward to it!

Mike D
N3496

John Murrell (Guest)

n12 Bottom Banner