National 12 - find out more...

trent valley open meetingS

Started by paul turner, 30 Apr 2008, 03:36

« previous - next »

paul turner

Greetings All! Just to remind you all that there are THREE open meetings at Trent Valley this year....
10/11th May - the notice of this meeting for ALL N12s is posted elsewhere but there will be five races over two days with the usual TVSC supper on the Saturday night. PLease let us know asap if you are coming but as an added incentive I will NOT be sailing (knee operation on 12th) to give you all a chance of coming second to Grazz! Prizes for AC and vintage boats too!8)
21st/22nd June - Vintage/4 plank sailing. The Saturday will be sailing three laps any time during the day against the clock with numerous other old boats from various classes on modified PY - the fastest lap wins! Supper on the Saturday night and a Witchcraft Bailer Handicap meeting for vintage boats on the Sunday (three races, first scratch followed by two pursuits) NOTE the handicap meeting has been moved from the Saturday to the Sunday!:o
Saturday 20th September - Vintage and 4 Plank Meeting, we have had entries into double figures for our first two years, perhaps we might even get up to 20 this year?:K)
Paul n2020,2487,3157

Roly Mo

Really disappointed that the June meeting has been moved to the Sunday :( - I was looking forward to bringing Ellie and Xanthus to TVSC.   It would be a real shame if the move has a negative impact on the Tynemouth meeting. 
Sadly the move means we won't now be able to qualify for the Bailer (Derwent clashes with another event which we committed to a couple of months ago) - appreciate that there are 'difficulties' but it's annoying when you've carefully planned things so you can support as many events as possible to find that things get moved and there's then a clash.  Next year . . . .

RM 

paul turner

Dearest Roly Mo, My apolgies to you. I, too, am dissappointed that the only practical resolution for the local difficulties was for the move to the Sunday, and that you will not be able to qualify for the Witchcraft Bailer. With so many open meetings there are going to be clashes (eg I missed the Earlswood handicap event last year becos of NWNW and the South Cerney open (incl vintage) will now clash with Olton Mere who we were minded to support being local(ish) to us.
So all this may now be overtaken for next year by the other thread about culling open meetings. Perhaps TVSC is up for the chop having been one of the first (possibly the first?) club to hold an N12 open 70 years ago. We have lost Beeston, Nottingham, Burton, Trent and Notts County locally; it will be interesting to see how many attend our non GILL open meeting 10/11th May. But we are a dull river club......but at least the Vintage yotters appreciate us and turn out 12+ on a Saturday in September......

n12 Bottom Banner