National 12 - find out more...

Salcombe Gill Open Meeting

Started by JohnMurrell, 07 Mar 2008, 02:55

« previous - next »

FuzzyDuck

Unfortunately, we will not be able to make our first trip to salcombe in a 12.  Only dropped the boat off at P&B today to replace the bannana mast and to put the 2 carbon booms I now have back into 1 useful one! Well it was quite a large gust a Bristol, just as I was bearing away.... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.  Must thank Craftinsure for agreeing to pay the bill!
If all gets repaired OK should make it to Hykeham.
Have fun without us
Simon & Matt
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

gerry ledger

So thats were it has gone Simon, I thought it had been stolen from my yard

FuzzyDuck

Gerry
You did say take it if you wern't there!  I suppose you want paying now?
Suppose I better before P&B take it all!

Simon
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

Tim L (Guest)

Yay, I'm going to Salcombe and actually sailing for the first time in a few years! - probably a  bit late for pre-entering now, sorry John..

Would be interested if anybody has some spare places in a house that they'd like to fill?

Cheers

Tim
N2822 & 3473 (on loan)

grazz

lo Tim, we have a bed spare - if you can handle screaming Anya each night!

Graham

Tim L (Guest)

Yeah, but can she crew yet - it's been at least a month....

Antony (Guest)

Nearly Salcombe time!  For those not familiar with the venue there is one thing to know/remember before you arrive:
Your boat needs to be at Batson Boat Park (follow the signs that might also say long-term car park), the usual practice is to leave it with the other 12s wherever they are congregated.  SYC have persuaded the nice men there not to charge us for boat parking over the weekend.
As it is a 3 day event there is more time than usual to chat/tune/quiz others, so anybody that wants advice on their 12 or how they sail it please feel free to approach anybody that looks confident/competant about what they are doing.  We like to think that we are a very friendly class, but friendliness can sometimes appear cliquey and it is important that we remember that!  The car park is a good place to seek advice, especially on Saturday morning, as is the club bar.
See you there, the entries are looking good.. or would if all the people i know are going to the event had sent their cheques to John!!
Antony
N3514

Fran G (Guest)

Looking forward to it a lot.  I am also guilty of not managing to co-ordinate entry form, cheque book, envelope, stamp and pen to be in the same place at the same time.  I have the utmost respect for those of you that have managed this and I promise to enter on Friday evening in the bar if you are around John or at the first opportunity.  Promise not to leave it to the prize giving.

Rounders on the beach 12.30 Sunday.  I'll bring the bat.  (Looking at the tides there will be plenty of beach).

See you all there.

Love Fran

Zippy 3431

Bob1

I am really jealous of all of you as I will not be able to join in the fun - very dull exams 2 days later so really can't justify 3 days off from the books.  Currently bored stupid by staring at books and a computer screen and trying not to think about the nice time you will all be having....:'( (But at least I get my life back for the rest of the summer in a only a weeks time - yippee!)

Clare
From the front end of 'The Cat in the Hat' N3529

sam293

oh and another blag could anyone help me get down there too please, can meet anywhere within an hour and a half or so of oxford area,(any services on the a34 or m4 etc are usually good to meet) but mum isnt too keen on driveing me all the way down.
favor can be returned in beer or fuel money.

sam293

accomodation sorted i just need to get down there would really appreciate anyone who can help

sam

grazz

Sorry we can't help Sam, we really won't have space. It's amazing how much gear a very small person needs!

JohnMurrell

And the results were................................................
http://www.salcombeyc.org.uk/content/racing-results/%5Enational-twelve%5ENational_Twelve_Open_Meeting_May_2008/
But they don't tell the whole story!

MikeDay

John

That was a great weekend and some terrific racing.  Salcombe is a fabulous venue for a Gill meeting.  Thanks very much to you and all the team at SYC.  See you in August.

Mike D
N3496

Bob1

What a great looking turnout - sad to have missed out and looking forward to hearing the rest of the story?  Freedom from tomorrow.....must get back to the books.....
From the front end of 'The Cat in the Hat' N3529

n12 Bottom Banner