National 12 - find out more...

Burton Week 2009 preliminary entrants

Started by John Meadowcroft, 15 Oct 2008, 10:03

« previous - next »

Chadders

Working hard on this one and currently 90%++ on to sail. 
If we get a few vintage boats I will bring Triada (2266) but if not it looks like Squidgy Bits (3356).  I will however be encouraging as many of our vintage fleet as possible so here's hoping for a good vintage fleet on the lumpy stuff.  Come on chaps get your names on the list and lets make it a cracker of an event. Howard C  aka Chadders

Richard

Mr.Jones will be coming. With Richard and Emily.:)
Booked accomodation so just waiting for the entry form.......
N2399

Alex D

We plan to be there with Grimley subject to the usual family arm twisting :)
Alex <br />(ex N3455, N3246)

Tom Hayhoe

Tom and Natalie are planning to take a break from big boat sailing to get Chill Out afloat for this outing

paul turner (Guest)

Greetings All! I have already booked the hotel, and entered/paid my money to Janet/Kevan! N2487 Dolly Daydream, Christine Marshall and I will be there - and Kevan has promised me new set of sails! Px :K)

Jane Wade

HI
Alpha Male will be there - apparently Kevin lives pretty close and some people believe that I am from Essex so should be like going home.
Jane

Andy Bayliss

Vicky and I will be there in our new to us 12, and looking forward to warmer weather!
Andy N3481

Phil Brown

Phil and Dawn Brown N3398 are planning to be there now we've done our capsize practice for 2009 (Simon has the photos)
<br />Phil Brown<br /><br />N 3518

Terry (Guest)

Pip, Terry and 3517 Carbon Paw Print will also be enjoying the Thorpe Bay sunshine,  force 4 please!

Mike S (Guest)

OK...now I am officially excited. Entry form is in the post for another 2 BW debutants (if crewing many years ago is discounted).
BTW great website for the event.
I have set up a Facebook group under "National 12 Burton Week 2009". Please join and build the excitement.

Mike S
N3491

John Meadowcroft

link here....
www.burtonweek.org
We will get the entry form and notice of race up there pretty soon.
Well done to Jeremy Carey for the website.
The other latest news is that the local Council have just given us official permission to camp on the land next to the club.

johnk

If you want to see what a Burton Week at Southend is like, look at the Pathe Pictorial (now on line) in the time frame Mid Aug to mid Sept 1954.

Crusader 3244

Johnk,
I'll definately take a look in time. I felt real delight at spotting an unexpected few frames of N159 "Welbor" appearing in a British Transport Films real. (Details on the boat-database).

Ciao!
Chris, 3244

jimmy

I think soggy moggy may be ready for this event........

Pip

Just to reiterate what Terry said - I'll be there - but just a suggestion to those who have yet to see Carbon Pawprint (those who have will understand) - sunglasses will be necessary whatever the weather.

n12 Bottom Banner