National 12 - find out more...

Burton entries

Started by Dare Barry (Guest), 17 Mar 2009, 06:23

« previous - next »

Dare Barry (Guest)

Following the fantastic burst of early entries we now have 49 boats paid up to sail. If you are not one of the early entries but are definitely coming, your confirmation asap would be very helpful. If as we hope the entry still has a way to go there will be organisation issues to be sorted out.  Rescue boats ect.
Many thanks Dare Barry 

OMSC

there will be a contingent from Olton Mere there, at least one boat.
Foxi is bringing one of the Puddings down for a play, and it looks like I will be crewing, but there is a chance there might be another, if the crews are willing, I might bring Gordon down so you can all marvel at just how much duct tape is needed to hold an old 12 together.
I think that will hit the 50... 8)

tonyelgar

I am still planning on it - 90%, a local chandler is willing to sponsor me the entry fee so I'm waiting on that being sorted otherewise i'd have been entered before now! Plus i know the boat floats now ;)...

Tony 

ex 2760/3255

gerry ledger

I shall be entering when I get round to it.Alex Gore crewing.I sailed in 1965 looking forward to sailing the champs there again.

MikeDay

Oh well - last Burton Week was 1997 - I said that was it for me - and we have now entered and booked some accommodation for Thorpe bay.  In a strange kind of way, looking forward to it ...

Mike D
N3496

Patrick Hamilton

Does anybody know of anyone interested in crewing at Thorpe Bay. I am keen to have a go in the Admirals Cup fleet but am short of a crew.
Patrick Hamilton
N3361 (nice comfortable Design 8)
01706 225581
Patrick.hamilton@bentleys-accountants.co.uk

Roly Mo

Kevin Iles is the man to get in touch with, he knows of various potential crews from the club (one of whom is sailing with me).
RM

tonyelgar

Posted my entry yesterday :)
ex 2760/3255

FuzzyDuck

Any update on Numbers for Burton week? Web page still shows 49... tantilisingly close to 50.
From discussions at Burghfield we are well passed that.  Is that official?
Simon
still waiting for the post form Hunstanton!
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

Jeremy C

Simon,
We do now have over fifty entries for Burton Week, but I have been holding off updating the website as I do not have the final numbers at present or the permissions from the entrants to publicise their entries (Data protection and all that!)

As soon as I have it I will update with more accurate figures

Jeremy
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Keri

Freya and I shall be entering with Silver Fin.  I just need to get organised with the entry form and put some pressure on the Salcombe fleet to join in! K

Jeremy C

Just a reminder to those still talking about entering for BW. At the end of April the entry fee rises by £20.00 for late entry so get your entries in now!

We are also going to be limited to 120 seats for the Burton Week dinner so ensure that if you want to come you book this now too as we would hate for you to be disappointed.

Jeremy
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

martin 1262

Just so we are prepared is there a dress code for the Burton dinner?

Antony (Guest)

Martin, the basic answer to your question is no.  There is often a dinner jacket in evidence as well as a few in jeans.  Most of us opt for something in between!
Antony

Jane Wade

White tie and tiaras are de rigeur - anything less and you may feel a little out of place. 

n12 Bottom Banner