National 12 - find out more...

Burton entries

Started by Dare Barry (Guest), 17 Mar 2009, 06:23

« previous - next »

martin 1262

I will keep my tiara at home, dont want it ruined in the tent!!;)
I might struggle to get my teenager into anything other than jeans, but I might a bit of an effort. 8)

Thanks

OMSC

Confirmation of a second boat from olton now turning up.
I have secured a crew, just need to choose the boat to bring down.  Do I go for Gordon, and prey for a drifter, token gesture, the best all rounder, or the street legal and hope it blows old boots all week.  Anyone got a triple stacker I can borrow?

chopper

really hoping to be there still havent found a boat

Gavin Willis

I will wear a white tie and tiara if its the thing to do - Gavin

Gavin Willis

Send me your e-mail address Chopper. My Baggy 2 had been the mainstay of introducing two of my three daughters into sailing with me from the age of 9 onwards, very competitively. Why not borrow it for Burton week and see if the glove fits.
E-mail me at gavin@willisses.co.uk if you would like to explore the possibilities.

OMSC

a baggy would be better for the sea sailing too, so I would be grabbing that offer with both hands. even if you do not end up with that boat for yourself for home club, it is worth the trial for the week.

to be honest, does it matter if you are not at the front of the fleet in your first 12?  I find my baggy easy to handle in the rough stuff, a lot better than the cheshire, which is a more competative light wind boat.  if it means you can go out in higher winds because of the additional righting moment, isn't it a good trade off?

paul turner

Are we still on only 48 entries? The list seems to have stuck at that figure for several weeks now. And only 5 vintage yots? Come on boys and girls - get sorted and enter now! Px :K)

Dare Barry (Guest)

Paul, the entry now stands at 54 and we will be able to update the Burton web page shortly. For those of you still to enter you have until the 30th April to get your entry form to Janet before the late entry fee kicks in.
Dare

Dare Barry (Guest)

I have just heard latest entry total from Janet. As a today the entry is 68, this is the largest entry since we had 69 at Royal Harwich in 1996.
Dare Barry

Antony (Guest)

Dare,
If that is what Janet says then i am not going to argue, but i thought we had more in Weymouth in 1998.  I have 77 in my mind but i don't trust that too much.
Such quibbles take nothing from the fact that 68 is a good number and i am assuming that since it includes few if any of the last minute loans that Kevin, John and I are trying to arrange we should break 70 with no trouble at all.
Antony

Crusader 3244

By the skin of my teeth I think I may be entry number 68     WOW!   Lets party!    Errmmm, the start line may be a little intimadating?
Chris, 3244

FuzzyDuck

Perhaps we better start reminding ourselves what a Gate start is all about.  Haven't done one of those since Tynemouth 85!
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

GregPitt

NO PLEASE, NO MENTION OF GATE STARTS!!!!! This is an amazing number of boats. I am feeling really bad for not being able to be there. Hope it all goes well.

Maybe there will be some talk about venues for future Burton weeks soon!!!

Greg N3473 

Pip

Right I have my tiara and long white gloves sorted for the dinner - but I think I'm going to get thinking about which N12 to dress up as this year.  Why did I let my mother take our "dressing up box" down to the charity shop..
See you all in approx. 18days :)

tonyelgar

browsing through the boat listings there is a boat called "Pip"  - so you could always go as yourself if nothing else comes to mind!
ex 2760/3255

n12 Bottom Banner