National 12 - find out more...

Gill Series Finale and Inland Championships

Started by Sophie Richards (Guest), 04 Oct 2011, 05:21

« previous - next »

Sophie Richards (Guest)

Hello!

There's a month to go to this year's Inland Championships, which will be taking place at Leigh and Lowton Sailing Club.

This is the last Gill Series event of the year as well as the Inland Championships and will be taking place on the weekend of 5th and 6th November.

Leigh and Lowton is a great venue and easily accessible â€" 5 mins off the M6 â€" full details are on the website link below.

Three races on the Saturday - first race will start at midday (briefing will be at 11.30am). Two races on Sunday morning (first start 10am).
Full NoR to follow.

In terms of accommodation over the weekend the club is offering free camping and amazing bacon and egg butties will be available. If anyone needs access to camping on the Friday night please let me know by replying to this post or contacting me on 07706 504562. 

For those less inclined to November camping there are a couple of good value hotels nearby, details on the Leigh and Lowton website (along with directions) here: http://leighandlowton.wordpress.com/visitor-information/

We hope to see you all soon!

Sophie 
(crew of N3513)

Chris Day (Guest)

It's now only 3 weeks to go to the Inland Championships and Gill Series Finale at Leigh and Lowton Sailing Club!

The full notice of race is now on the 12 homepage and there is information about local accommodation on the Leigh and Leigh website (see link above). Camping will be available but please let us know if you intend to camp on the Friday night so we can let you in.

The Gill Series prize giving will be on Saturday night followed by an evening meal (main course and dessert for £5) and a Pub Quiz.

Please let us know if you're coming by replying to this thread and indicate how many meals you need (and if you require the veggie option).

See you soon, 

Chris

angus

I am hoping to be there arriving probably arriving fairly late friday night. I will require a veggie meal.
I also require a crew if anybody is up for it.
I don't know a lot about pubs so not sure if I would be much good at a pub quiz;D
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Carbonara

3502 will be coming from Burwain. Please put us down for two meals on Saturday night (one veggie). We will be dusting off the trivial pursuit set to get prepared for this event.

Chadders

Squidgy Bits (N3356) will be coming but unfortunately only for the Saturday, apologies too for having to shoot off after sailing and missing the evening food and quiz etc.  If you could organise some warm sunshine Helen may even wear her shorts.  8)

JohnM (Guest)

Meadowcrofts are coming and from discussions last weekend expect to see the Purkisses, Tom Stewart & Rachel Williamson and Jon Ibbotson & Charlotte Stewart too.  
Meds

Red Hot Pudding

Jenny and I will be there in 3316. We will also be camping and eating. 3 Meals and 2 tent pitches please.

Chris Troth

I'm coming for both days. 2 meals and a tent pitch please.
Chris

Red Hot Pudding

Hi Angus, I'm bringing a spare crew, he's light, fit and experienced! So if you still one, Matthew is really keen.
Cheers
Ian

grazz

We're coming with Clare and possibly my brother to babysit, so that's two adult veggie meals, two kids veggie meals and 1 or 2 normal meals. 
Not camping though, too chilly - the kids will be keeping the people in the Travellodge awake

GC

The  Copsey family will be there. We will bring a boat but don't know which one yet. We will pick Anthony up from Liverpool uni so all five should be there. 
We will be camping Saturday and possibly Friday, Will let you know as soon as I can.
Gerald (3411)     

angus

Thats brilliant Ian, yes I still want a crew and Matthew can consider himself booked.  If you want to get in touch with me you can email me on angus3at tesco.net but I will assume unless I hear otherwise that Mathew is crewing for me:):):)
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Steve (Guest)

We are coming with one boat and 4 for food please.

Regards,

Steve
N3531

Luke

We will be coming for our first N12 event! Please put us down for 2 meals and one boat.
Luke & Katie
N3512

Charlotte

We're planning on coming - so I think it is 4 adults for food and 2 or 3 smallish tents (hoping for a mild one!).

n12 Bottom Banner