National 12 - find out more...

Gill Series Finale and Inland Championships

Started by Sophie Richards (Guest), 04 Oct 2011, 05:21

« previous - next »

Marcus

We're also planning to be there so two more for food on the Saturday night please.
Thanks, Marcus, N3503

Moon Shallow

I will be there sailing with Andy! I would like food for Saturday night and Im sure Andy would too. Would there be a space for the motorhome?
Slightly disappointed at the forcast so far, windy this week leading up to, then light winds for the weekend and then lots of wind next week :( lets hope they have got it wrong!
Naomi

GC

I hope the forcast is right.
 Nick is still hoping to sail but having lost one and a half stone anything above a force 2 might blow him away.
Gerald

JOhn M (Guest)

Meadowcrofts are camping and will be wanting to eat please.  Just 2 of us - fellow campers should be pleased by that.

Ed storey

we will be there with a variety of crews!
No food in evening as I've promised to return home in time for fireworks.
Ed N3274

GC

Looks like I will be sailing the new boat for the first time (with Tanya crewing).
All five of us will be there.
Gerald 
3538 (formerly 3411)

Crusader 3244

Hi all,
We hope those who made the trip to Leigh & Lowton enjoyed the weekend but we gather it was cut short.
We made the drive out on Sunday hoping to see our chums but arrived around 1350 while the Guy Fawkes Pursuit was well underway. We thought our eyes were deciving us when we could scarcely pick out a '12' amongst the menagerie of craft gracing sun-blessed waters of the Flash. Some intense detective work resolved our cognitive dissonance.
Our 'informants' told us there had been a lack of wind early in the morning and therefore the two planned races for the '12' weekend had been abandonned. Postponement was not an option becuase of the scheduled Open Pursuit. A big dissappointment for all, we sure.
So we're sorry we missed many from the fraternity and we're sorry for those who made the trip that the event was cut short. It is more than thirty years since I last visited Pennington Flash. Although we missed members of the clan it ws great to trip to the club to get familiar again. We chatted with a Miracle owner from the club and a visitor with a keeled 'thing' from Fiddlers Ferry SC. We picked up local knowledge that 'weed' can be a problem. (I don't touch the stuff myself.:-/)
Ben thanks those behind his offers to sail. As it happens he has an exam coming up this week and a revision weekend was in order. Naturally he only 'remebered' about the exam last Thursday. (Grrr !!) Thanks for the early offer Angus, and thanks again David. Apologies Ben could not oblige.
The 12s that entered the Pursuit, how did they do? We did not identify the entrants save that I saw an entry form for Patrick of Burwain in 3502. By 1510 the breeze was falling. We left at 1515 and were not around when boats would have been coming in. Was it a good experience?

Chris, Linda, and Ben   ;)
Chris, 3244

Chadders

Big thanks to Leigh n Lowton for the weekend and apologies that we had to shoot off after Saturday sailing, looks like not being able to make the Sunday has made no difference to our mediocre position but we enjoyed the racing on Saturday very much and the weather was good too whilst back in Yorkshire it was raining almost all day. Sorry we missed you Chris Linda and Ben, presumably your boat is almost done and you will be re joining the fleet next year? 8)

Carbonara

The wind was quite good in the afternoon and we had a nice sail in the sunshine. Chris and Gareth were near the front in the Guy Fawkes pursuit but we were nearer the back. Thanks to Chris,Sophie and everyone at Leigh and Lowton involved in organising the event. The pub quiz was fun and it was nice to be amoungst the prize winners for a change.
Patrick 3502

Marcus

Thanks Patrick and everyone else, we also enjoyed the latter two races on the Saturday and were especially pleased with our performance in the pub quiz! It was good talking to people about their experiences with foiling rudders on Sunday morning as well so although we didn't go racing the time wasn't completely wasted. 
Marcus, N3503

angus

Great weekend, a special thanks to Chris and Sophie who came out on Friday night just to let me into to pitch my tent. Shame about Sunday but the sailing on Saturday was good and I got home in time for tea.......not often I do that.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Red Hot Pudding

Jenny and I (and matt sailing with Angus), had a great weekend. Shame about the lack of breeze on Sunday. A pleasant surprise to come away with a set of glasses! Hoping to do more Gill events next year in Wot More Pudding
Ian 3316

GC

Many thanks to all at Leigh & Lowton. Well organised by Chris and Sophie and great catering.
Enjoyed my first sail in the foolish even if I was out of control at times. 
Hopefully we will get both boats on the water more often next year, especially as Nick has the foolish tuned for me now.
Gerald
3538 or 3411 ?

n12 Bottom Banner