« previous - next »

jammy dodger

You can have my wife if you want...

angus

I don't I get the kids to do it :D
They don't argue, well atleast not as much
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

wafoo

Thanks for the advice,think the nice calm spring day is a good option,last time i got her up the club it was a howling gale wirh boats turtled everywhere!
I like the idea of going to a meet as well,I'll have a look at whats about,is there any near the South Wales area?

Jon_P

Introduce her to another couple at the sailing club, if you are lucky enough to have any!!
And dont make it too calm else she will be sayihng it's boring!!

rick perkins

Take her on holiday to Minorca Sailing. If she likes it then you sorted ... you won't find a better introduction to sailing than that ...

If she dosn't like it then I suggest divorce ...
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

wafoo

Minorca,hmmmmm
Divorce it is then!!!!!!!

THG

[quote by=wafoo link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1172494783,s=5 date=1172531744]Thanks for the advice,think the nice calm spring day is a good option,last time i got her up the club it was a howling gale wirh boats turtled everywhere!
I like the idea of going to a meet as well,I'll have a look at whats about,is there any near the South Wales area?

Not quite South Wales but if you go across the Severn there's an event at Frampton On Severn (its not on the severn but on a lake (gravel pit?) very near by.  Check the Events for anything else closer.

Kean

[/quote]

THG

rick perkins

[quote by=wafoo link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1172494783,s=8 date=1172586763]Minorca,hmmmmm
Divorce it is then!!!!!!!
[/quote]

On a serious not I have to say Minorca is an excellent introduction for new comers to the sport and they do do late deals at the end of the season ... cheaper than divorce ...

regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

wafoo

Thanks for the info,think the softly,softly approach is best,pick a few places nearby and visit,we only have the one Twelve at our club so perhaps a little peek for her to see  hoe gorgeous they are,I know I used to love Burton Week and Loch Tummel week,so thats what I'm aiming for,weeks holiday,few days racing,good company and nice scenery,
Perhaps put the boat on hold for a while.

angus

I can definately recommend Tummel week. Loads of fun, lots of other things to do beside sailing. Lots cheaper than Minorca and divorce. There will be a teast 3 12s there this year maybe 5 and hopefully even more. Have a look at the pictures from last year. http://ltsc.eventpix.co.uk/index.html

All most forgot its from july 22 to 27 this year.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

GarryR

I have a couple of old Merlins but took the girlfriend to the Club on a flat calm evening where we took out a club Wayfarer as I was supposed to be Race Officer but only 2 boats turned up for the pursuit race!!  I realised that I was lulling her into a false sense of security when she appeared on the jetty with a bag which as it transpired held a full picnic tea.  This was all very well but after bobbing about for an hour more or less going nowhere ahe declared that she was feeling seasick so that was really the beginning and end of her crewing career.  I'm sure that if there had been a little more breeze she would have had more to concentrate on and she would have liked it more.  Perhaps this year.........

rick perkins

Isn't your girlfiends interest in sailing somthing that you ought to establish BEFORE you get married?
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

n12 Bottom Banner