Started by wafoo, 26 Feb 2007, 12:59

« previous - next »

Phil Brown

Essential!

Gentle breezes and warm water help as well

;)
<br />Phil Brown<br /><br />N 3518

icecreamman

I remember how I tried unsuccessfully to get the icecream lady to crew for me very shortly before and then very shortly after we got married. Prior to the event was a quiet bobbling up and down on the river which she quite enjoyed. There was no race I hasten to add, but her first try at "proper" crewing ended up at Norfolk week. Yes I know that Norfolk can be pleasant and sedate, but once the nut on the tiller realised that there was a race and family pride if nothing else was at stake all the niceties went out of the boat. My fault I accept. The icecream lady has decided up until the back end of last year when small daughter mentioned crewing that she would rather not venture out on the water if there was a race involved. I guess it is a bit like agreeing to disagree over various things, but keep at it, and if you find out how to get wifey to crew, let me know!

:)

Jimbo42

angus

After seeing what you did to the comodores wife at North Berwick I can well understand why the icecream lady does not wish to crew for you ::)
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

janeysailor12

What....What????....PLEEEEEEEEESE elaborate what you did to the Commodores wife.  I'm really intrigued....

Janey......(possibly wishing she had'nt asked the question but hey!)

RogerBrisley

Perhaps thats for us that were there to know and for you to wonder!  ;) ;) :B

Roger

mutt

it certainly helps if your wife loves to sail as mine does - but I can honestly say that learning to sail togethor was harder than learning to race or learning to sail in the first place. We've both learned to leave perceived slights and irritable snaps on the water - and I have learned not to assign blame when things go wrong ... I hope my wife will pick up on that too soon :-). These skills certainly come in useful during the race and elsewhere in life. good luck.
Mutt

icecreamman

Angus and Roger, I do not remember drinking too much beer or whisky at North Berwick, please elaborate. My number is 0800 help help help, or should that be 0870 naughty naughty naughty. For Jim I agree that perhaps the icecream lady and I will agree to disagree about various things to do with sailing. I think it must be like teaching she who must be obeyed to drive......
  :)

Roly Mo

Mrs Roly Mo generally enjoyed sailing, except when, like my good friend the Ice Cream Man, I developed horns and an overly competitive streak on the start line.  I think the best sail we ever had was at Annandale, in 3347, where the wind blew blew blew and we won won won then wobbled, stood the boat on it's nose and got awfully wet.  I seem to remember that she didn't mind this at all.  

As I recall Mrs ICM and Mrs RM both enjoyed watching the crabs swimming past us one particularly windless day at Sunny Hunny!

Now I've got the joys, like ICM, of a small female person who does not like the boat to wobble AT ALL and has to be bribed with Fruit Pastilles at each mark.  I guess it won't be long before ICM and I are coming off the water at Norfolk like crippled old men whilst our wet suit clad daughters head for the bar with long haired oiks.

BTW - saw a shop selling Pukka Pies in Docking.  Nearly stopped, but am trying to get fit for the start of the season.  ICM - we must escape and sample whilst at Norfolk!!

angus

To roly Mo  and ICM you are already coming off the water like crippled old men (wonder why) To the rest (except for Roger and the simpsons of course) of you wondering what the icecream man did to the comodores wife (in full view of the Ice cream lady might I add) come to the Scotish Championships this year andyou won't miss all the fun.
By the way there is also lots of fun to be had a tummel week 22 to 27 of july. I can even organise accomodation in a yurt for you if you want aslong as you don't all rush. 8)

angus

giuseppe

Angus and Roger, that is my father you are talking about. Do not underestimate the power of the family that play violins and have a penchant for ice creams or as we prefer to call them gelati. Maybe my cousins and I will be forced to let down your buoyancy bags or worse sabotage you on the start line. I can of course influence the sailing committees at open meetings to the validity of your certificates........

ciao, Giuseppe    ;)

Roly Mo

n12 Bottom Banner