National 12 - find out more...

Gul Series #2; Annandale Scottish Champs

Started by edwillett, 27 Mar 2014, 02:03

« previous - next »

edwillett

Just over a fortnight until the first event in Scotland 2014...the Scottish Championships at Annandale SC.
The winner is awarded the beautiful and historical Scottish Daily Express Trophy.
This event is the second in the Gul sponsored series, and is also a qualifier fior the Vintage and Northern series and the Border Trophy.
The Notice of race is attached.

edwillett

Hi all
Any takers for next weekend? Be helpful to have some ideas of numbers attending....
Hope to see you there
Cheers
Ed

Ed storey

Chris Day (Guest)

We'll be there. Looking forward to this one and the first outing of the year for the tent! Planning to head up on Friday night so will be around early on Saturday - if anyone fancies a go in a DCB then give me a shout.

Chris and Sophie

N3526

GC

Team Copsey looking forward to another trek to Scotland - Also going up on Friday but I doubt we will be there as early as Chris & Sophie 

N3528

Little Bo

The NOR once again bans campervans from being on site overnight.  Does anyone know if this is going to be enforced?  7m of Clark motorhome will be much better parked up in a corner for the weekend than travelling in each day and trying to park up . . . .   

Jennie

angus

Jennie from the noises that were made last year, I don't thing it will be a problem, Just roll up early and set the dogs on anybody who looks grumpy.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Little Bo

Gardening looking good for the weekend Angus!  If the NOR says no campervans then we have little choice but to respect that.  Sad.

angus

I never read the NOR!
I will let them Know again why you havn't turned up.

Little Bo

Thanks Angus.  Disappointed not to be coming - will try and get the Mariner Mug there via Ed and Tom Storey, and would you be so kind as to give our best wishes to John Hugo too?

angus

I am so slow, that must be why I am so igNORant.
Due to car problems it now looks like I might not make it.

angus

Ok I'm on a roll here " I always thought Bernard was the Mariner Mug Boom, Boom"
OK I'm sorry I just couldn't resist it: yes I know in 20 years time everybody will say why did the national 12 die, it wasn't the double floors, it was't the winged rudder....it was Angus Beyts and his bloody awful Jokes.
And there is worse to come.

edwillett

Gale force winds forecast saw a depleted fleet turn out, but nevertheless six races completed with the final positions all dependant on the last race. Exciting sailing, multiple capsizes....
Scottish Daily Express Trophy very deservedly won by Nick and Tania Copsey, Chris Day and Sophie Richards 2nd and Tom and Ed Storey 3rd.
Full write up and photos.....to follow....

angus

Just for the record a camper van was spotted in the car park on Saturday night and nobody batted an eyelid.

angus

I noticed that for some reason Ed did not mentioned who won the prestigous Lady Bird book...maybe he was bribed!
There were many nominations;
Ed Willet for muliple capsizes and swearing loud enough for most people on the water to hear.
Chris and Sophie for being the only boat not to capsize on Saturday then being the only 12 to capsize on Sunday.
Nick for Taking a rest on the centreboard while being deserted by his crew mid race.
Tim for exceptional sitting out, apparently he rigged and derigged his boat on Sunday morning so quick nobody saw him.
Brian Herring for helping himself to a free lunch.
Me for forgetting my boat.
But there was an outstanding winner in Ed who obviously miss understtod what was ment by foiling and crossed swords with (Well masts) Chris and Sophie and succeded in put his mast been mast and shroud on Chris's boat. Oh he also did a bit od dredging round the island and tested the depth of Howards pipe!

n12 Bottom Banner