Started by National 12 Webmaster, 26 Mar 2007, 02:18

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N1002 Amante.    Design:           , designed by: Jack Holt

ChrisBerkley

edwillett

For sale on Apollo Duck website; open to offers

darebarry

Amante now lives on the Isle of Wight at the home of Pudding Boats. Next year will be her 60 birthday and the plan is to sail her then. It will be an interesting project.

darebarry

After a winter of taking the old girl to bits work is now moving forward. When I got Amante home I removed the keel, took out the C/B case and removed all the old varnish inside and out. Today put in the last of 18 new ribs on the port side, once I got the steam box boiling not to much of a problem. I aim to use as much original timber as possible but the broken ribs had to be replaced. Start to put in 10 new ribs on other side and then the C/B case can go back in.

Jeremy C

Dare took possession of Amante around a year ago and as can been seen below has had his work cut out.
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Jeremy C

After stripping back completely, removing centreboard case, replacing sections of hog, ribs etc she is getting close to being finished.
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Jeremy C

Jeremy C

Deck on awaiting varnish, Dare is currently looking for various parts for the boat including a wooden mast (see forsale/wanted list for more detail) so if you can help out please get in contact with him.

Interested Party

That is looking very nice.
Steve Hawkins <br />N12 - Planet 672 -1948 (Holt modified 500 series)<br />N12 - Spider 2523 - 1971 (Spider) <br />N12 - Sparkle 2383 - 1967 (Starfish)

nigelf (Guest)

Even the floorboards look immaculate - slippy perhaps? I think my first N12, 1149, a Jack Holt boat, had bare wood floorboards which I painted red with fine sand mixed in. Varnish with sand added didn't seem to look so nice!

darebarry

At long last the old lady went sailing a few weeks ago. Took along time to finish.

n12 Bottom Banner