National 12 - find out more...

N3347 Atreides

Started by National 12 Webmaster, 20 Jun 2007, 07:07

« previous - next »

National 12 Webmaster

The life of N3347 Atreides. Design: Crusader 88, designed by: Phil Morrison in 1988
Previous boat names: Atreides, Aquaholic, prior to reverting to Atreides.

Roly Mo

I bought this boat in the 1990's, renamed it Aquaholic (due to the colour) and had the most fantastic sailing in her.  She was a very fine example of Gerry's craftmanship and we would love to know where she is now!

Chadders

Everything comes to he who waits Bern!
 After a spell at Nottingham she was bought by Matt Stephenson who has had her fully refurbished by Paintcraft.  He also added carbon mast, boom and pole as well as some new Alverbank sails and a Winder rudder etc.  She has been dry stored since and not sailed Owned for a while by a pal of a Mat's then swapped back to him for a Dart 15 I think it was. She re-appeared for sale on the Twelve website in August 2014 and looking immaculate when I bought her, she will soon be back on the water where she should be.  Howard C 8)  
PS not sure about the name which is back to the original but also don't  like to change boat names.

Steve L

Its good to see that N3432 Atreides is still out and about and being enjoyed. I had N3347 built for me by Gerry Ledger in 1990. I had just had a big pay rise and wanted a new 12 to treat myself. This was my first brand new boat, and I decided to name her starting with the letter A. This lead to a lot of head scratching about a name starting with A. In the end it was Kevin Iles daughter, Lindsey who came up with the idea. With out boring you to much, Lindsey's nick name for me was Steve the Greek. The name Atreides is a Greek name from Homer's Iliade, the story of the ancient Battle of Troy which I had to read at school.
Hope that gives some insite to the unusual name. Any more info or pics please send to :
Steve Le Grys
N3432
steve01@madasafish.com
stevethehelm@hotmail.com
p.s I'm now up to the letter C with naming new N12's

n12 Bottom Banner