National 12 - find out more...

Open Meeting at Yeadon Sun 5th Oct

Started by Tim Gatti, 16 Sep 2008, 02:17

« previous - next »

Tim Gatti

Don't forget the second half of the twin weekend event in early October at Yeadon SC on Sun Oct 5th
As at Ripon the day before, the first race will be at 11am, with briefing at 10.30am.  There will be 3 races, with 2 to count, and the entry fee is £12. The usual Yeadon hot lunch and copious refreshments will, of course, be available
We will strive to finish as early as possible to enable those travelling long distances to get away in good time.
To help with catering - please let me know via this thread or via email/phone if you will be able to make it - hope so!
Tim (tim.gatti@yorkshirewater.co.uk or 07790 615800)

simon moss

Hi Tim
N3349 will be there and Im pretty sure one of us would like feeding.
Simon.

Tim Gatti

Thanks Simon - look forward to seeing you there with newly refurbished 'Moonshine'. Will you be at Ripon too? Tim

angus

Rohan and I hope to be there with Agent Orange, putting the Foil back into de foiliant!;D.
We will not be planning any tree pruning he Tim!
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Roly Mo

Those thinking of doing both the Ripon and Yeadon meetings are welcome to camp overnight at Ripon SC (even you Angus!)

RM

simon moss

Hi Tim
Yep I'm doing both days with a fresh coat of paint and some new dangley bits!!

Simon.

Crusader 3244

Providing my crew is agreeable and I have the requisite permissions I would like for us to make a family weekend of both events. I'm looking at the possibility of camping over on Friday and Saturday nights on a site which may be convenient for both waters.

Can anybody indicate if Ripon and Yeadon are friendly to dogs?
Chris, 3244

icecreamman

I think that Ripon are alright with dogs if they are kept on a lead, but contact Roly Mo for more definite information. Cannot remember how Yeadon stand wrt dogs, so contact either Tim Gatti or Howard Chadwick for better information.

Tim Gatti

Re: dogs  - I would estimate that hundreds of the public walk their dogs round Yeadon Tarn every weekend - my 10 year old daughter - who longs for a Golden Labrador puppy of her own(!), did a survey a couple of weekends ago, whilst I was busy running our Streaker Open, and in a period of two hours listed over 27 different breeds from a total of 85 dogs.  So I think you could say the place is dog friendly - especially if owners tidy up after them.  At the Club, some members do bring their dogs down but it's clearly best if they are tethered when they are not directly on a lead in your control.  For obvious reasons we don't like them wandering the boat park unattended! Hope that helps. Look forward to seeing you on the day. Tim

Roly Mo

Dogs are ok at Ripon but must be kept on a lead at all times and are not allowed in the lake. 
Jennie

Crusader 3244

Thanks Tim, we're on to make a weekend of it. We're in touch with Jennie over camping at Ripon. Linda (wife) is coming in support and 12yo son Ben will crew.
Just how strong is the current at Yeadon?::)
Chris, 3244

Brian Herring

N2468 or N1673 will be there
Brian

icecreamman

The strength of the current at Yeadon depends very much on how close you can get to the jets as they take off from the northern end of the teeny weeny lake. All other areas have no current, but beware of the sunken park benches. :o

Roly Mo

ICM - in your considered opinion is the current greater on the inner concentric circle or the outer one????
RM
PS Did you mean currant bun?  Am all for that!

Tim Gatti

Oh come on guys - everybody knows the biggest currents at Yeadon are created by the giant carp that constantly cruise the length and breadth of the lake - and which can cause an alarming bump if you hit them with your centreboard.  There's also the new steel footbridge erected over the outflow in case of an unexpected tsunami. Add to that a new bandstand which can just about accommodate a percussionist and all his kit leaving the rest of the brass band to gather on the grass around it and you have an exotic and vibrating sailing venue not to be missed! Hope to see you all on Oct 5th. Tim

n12 Bottom Banner