National 12 - find out more...

Open Meeting at Yeadon Sun 5th Oct

Started by Tim Gatti, 16 Sep 2008, 02:17

« previous - next »

Tim Gatti

Think I meant to say  'vibrant' - but very much depends on the level of carp activity and enthusiasm of percussionist!

Crusader 3244

In conclusion, the greatest local effects I should be concerned about are the fishermans' tails.....?
Chris, 3244

angus

You better warn him about the trees that jump out in front of you
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Roly Mo

and the supermarket trollies . . . . .

Tim Gatti

Enough of this banter - let's get back to the key question - who is coming to sail their 12 here on Oct 5th?  Despite the growing list of myths and legends, if there's wind we can guarantee you all a great day's racing!

FuzzyDuck

3413 will stay over to sail from Ripon,
Simon & Matt
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

Roly Mo

Xanthus should be there, as long as the crew doesn't party too long and hard on Saturday night!

Steve (Guest)

Tim,
Jo and I are planning to come to Yeadon for the open on the 5th.
Regards,
Steve
N3436

Chadders

Hi Tim looks like I now have two boats competing, Pete Slingsby will  be sailing Squidgy (probably) and I will sail Triada or N2 if the weather looks kind and I get the to do list worked through.
Howard C N various

simon moss

Hi Tim, Yep moonshine will be at Ripon as well with a shiney new bottom and some long dangley bits!

Simon.

paul turner

Sorry Gattiman - regret that Dolly Daydream will only be at Ripon; injuries prevent two days yotting at the moment!:'(

Chadders

Nice breeze and sunshine forecast so it should be a great sail!  Some real nice grub on the menu too.  Come on Paul it will be nice and gentle and we will look after you honest.
Details of likely wind shifts can be calculated using the landing and departure board at Leeds Bradford Airport, all known supermarket trollies have been removed so just the Large Carp to watch out for.  See you at Yeadon. HowardC

Tim Gatti

What a contrast to Saturday at Ripon - gentle breezes and glorious sunshine. Thanks to the 18 Twelves who turned out to make it such a great day. Tim

FuzzyDuck

Tim,
Thank everyone for organising such an fun days sailing.  I am realy glad we stayed over and competed.  It really took me back to my college days at Rugby SC which I think might be slightly smaller, but definately deeper! 
It certainly leads to intimate sailing, especially at the mark roundings.  I got quite intimate with some of the Clinker fleet!
To those who packed up after Ripon... you missed a good days yachting.  With a suntan thrown in.
Simon & Matt
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

Crusader 3244

Thanks to all involved a YTSC. Great weather, breeze, lunches, and close water yachting. All the family enjoyed the day.
Chris, 3244

n12 Bottom Banner