National 12 - find out more...

GILL SERIES event 1- Burghfield SC 28th March

Started by Jeremy C, 24 Feb 2009, 10:22

« previous - next »

Jeremy C

With the end of the BSC N12 winter series last weekend I have been busy organising the outline for the first of the Gill Series for 2009 to be held at BSC on the 28th March 2009.

The event is a one day event with three races over the course of the day. Burghfield is ideally located just outside Reading and less than five minutes off junction 12 of the M4. There are two options for entry for the event:

Enter on the day £16 per boat
or
Pre-register between now and Midday 27th March for a reduced entry  of £13 per boat

Pre- registration does not require pre-payment and so if you register now but are unable to make the event on the day then you will not have lost your entry fee. The pre-registration is purley to aid the club organise the day and allows us to enter info in sailawave and onto entry forms before the day saving you valuable time to eat bacon butties instead!

So if you are planning, considering, intending to come to the first of this years Gill Series events please both show your intention on this string and pre-register using the link below:

www.burghfieldsailing.org/p343

There will be prizes for both AC's  and DB's and should we get sufficent Vintage too then prizes will be there providing you pre-register. If you have any queries about the event please don't hesitate to contact me, contact details in the handbook or using the following
e-amil:
sailing@burghfieldsailing.org
Hope to see you all there
Jeremy
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

FuzzyDuck

Jeremy,
I have noted my attendence on the website. entry number 5.
Simon
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

GC

Jeremy
I have now enterred also. Can't wait to see Simon in his new boat
PS Simon I think I have some Orange paint if you need it!!! 
Gerald

FuzzyDuck

After a 'series of unfortunate events' on Sunday involving a broken tiller extension joint and a concrete slipway I now need some!
Simon
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

andyp

Louisa

If any helms find themselves without crew on 28 March, I could easily make it over the water for the day and would welcome the chance to do another Gill event - I've only ever done one.  You can call me on 07901 691103.
Louisa Mamakou
Isle of Wight

andymck

Unfortunately an old sailing mate has decided to get married without checking the N12 calendar, good luck to all who are going. See you al in Salcombe

Andy
Andy Mck<br />3529

Andy Hill

Steve & I are hoping to be there in Dynamite Stick.

Louisa

Glad to say I've got a berth for this thanks to Tom and N3258, but, still looking to support Hamble Warming Pan on 14/15 March if crew needed for anyone -
Louisa

sam293

hopeing to be there in the front of bart with caroline on the steery stick thingey

Chris Troth

I'll be bringing 3412. Looking forward to it.
Chris

Jeremy C

Currently have 13 entries for the first of the Gill series pre-registered. Would be very helpful from a planning point of view if people could enter in the next few days if they are considering coming to the event. Remember-- pre-registration does not require pre-payment and also saves you £3 off the entry fee.

register at  www.burghfieldsailing.org/p343

In addition Caroline and myself are looking to book a table in a local pub after racing and prizegiving to relax and enjoy other 12 sailors company! If you would like to join us for the evening could you please post here or contact me directly on 07867 500307 or by mail:
jeremy(at)designs42.net

Thanks

Jeremy
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

MikeDay

Make that 14 entries - Anne, Flipside and I will be there, as long as it's not too cold!

Mike D
N3496

Jeremy C

Currently 18 entries for the event... any others?

Reminder that if you wish to stay for a meal at a local pub after the racing, please let me know so that we can book a table in advance....

n12 Bottom Banner