National 12 - find out more...

Scottish champs.

Started by GregPitt, 28 Mar 2009, 10:43

« previous - next »

Roly Mo

Will there be room for the Daisy Bus to park up at the club for the weekend?  Those signs in the toilet blocks at the nearby campsite about washing and gutting fish are TOO frightening for words!
RM

Lukepiewalker

Ulp.... I suspect the one o'clock start is right, I haven't been alerted to any alterations to what is in the club programme. Parking the bus should be ok I would suspect, although we might need to check that for you. I suppose it depends on how many GPs we have coming.

GregPitt

Thanks John, I will be there, accomodation booked!! will have to see how I get on in a 12 rather than a GP! I'll get there early so if there is a chance of measuring sails there will be time. Hoping for a little less wind than there was last time I was there!! really looking forward to it. I take it the event is joined with the GP's again?
Greg
N3473

Lukepiewalker

Just back from a jolly committee meeting.
1300 start on the Saturday.
GP Training on the Saturday then an open on the Sunday. Not the Scottish this year so should be a much smaller fleet.
Will be ok for Daisy Bussage.

Chadders

Must have been a Jolly Meeting!!  I didnt realise the event started on Friday is this correct or was it a really good meeting?

Lukepiewalker

Fixed it.
My brain hurts.

Lukepiewalker

ACCOMMODATION LIST LOCHMABEN AREA                                   

B and B                                 

Ardbeg Cottage                Lochmaben         01387 811855   

Claymore Lodge                Lockerbie              01576 202357                roger&liz@claymorelodge.co.uk

Garholm                 Johnstonebridge                01576 470860                sylvia.harper@lineone.net

Newboulds                Lochmaben         01387 810462                J.Newbould@ukgateway.net

Summerlea                Lochmaben         01387 810727   

Carik Cottage                Lockerbie              01461 600652                 cehislop@aol.com

Corrie Lodge                Lockerbie              01576 710237   

The Elms                Lockerbie              01576 203898                theelms@gofornet.co.uk

Castlebank                 Lochmaben         01387 810350    (Kathy Ward â€" by the Sailing Club)

CAMP/CARAVAN SITES                                

Halleaths Caravan Park                Lochmaben         01387 810630   

Kirk Loch Caravan Park                Lochmaben         none      

Both sites accept tents and caravans and are within 5 minutes of the Clubhouse.                           

Booking is not usually essential at Halleaths and Kirk Loch is simply turn up.                    

Kirk Loch is near the centre of Lochmaben within a short walk of shops and pubs.                             

HOTELS/GUEST HOUSES                                               

Rosehill Guest House                Lockerbie              01576 202378   

Murray Arms Guest House       Dalton                    01387 840635   

Lockerbie Manor                  Lockerbie              01576 20261                 info@lockerbiemanorhotel.co.uk

Somerton House                  Lockerbie              01576 202384                somerton@somertonhotel.co.uk

Dryfesdale Hotel                  Lockerbie              01576 202427                reception'dryfesdalehotel.co.uk

Ravenshill House                 Lockerbie              01576 202882                RavenshillHouse.Hotel@virgin.net

Kings Arms Hotel                Lockerbie              01576 202410                reception@kingsarmshotel.co.uk

INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM:

DUMFRIES AND GALLOWAY TOURIST OFFICE. 01387 253862

Lukepiewalker

That's the 'official' club accommodation list I was sent. Not sure about it's up-to-datedness but should be a few opporchancities in there.

John Hugo

Thanks Kenny, you've done my job again.   Pity you're going to be too busy to rig to rig my boat, which Dave winder says now looks as good as new.   Unfortunately, there's still the old problem of the nut on the end of the tiller.
Let's hope the catering will be up to last years standard.   I'd better make sure Angus gets his vegetarian option.
John
 N3475

Lukepiewalker

I still can't convince myself that boat is anything other than brand new....8)

angus

Luke if you are in the rescue boat does that make it luke-as -aid?;D
Curry night! The Ice cream man could be needed to help us keep our cool.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

angus

We now have at least eight boats coming, anybody else?
Notice of race is now posted on the web site in case anybody hasn't noticed.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Tim Gatti

Hi - NOR states that 6 races are scheduled to be sailed over the two days but that only TWO races need to be completed to constitute a series.
Does that mean sailing two races is all you need to do to qualify - or am I missing something? Tim

Lukepiewalker

I think it just means that two races have to be completed for the trophy to be awarded.

Tim Gatti

That's what I thought - so is there a particular minimum no of races we need to do to qualify? 

n12 Bottom Banner