National 12 - find out more...

Summer Event 2010

Started by Roly Mo, 31 May 2009, 07:41

« previous - next »

Roly Mo

I know we havn't yet sailed the 2009 event, but we are soon going to need ideas for a venue for 2010, so this is your chance to stump up your favourite venue.  The venue should ideally be inland, somewhere which has 12's, and it will need to be able to cope with a large fleet, probably in late June/early July.  Camping on site is pretty high on the list of priorities too!
Any suggestions gratefully received!
Mrs RM

angus

Loch Tummel sounds ideal.
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

andymck

Do they still sail 12's at Notts County?
Andy Mck<br />3529

OMSC

what about Rutland. I am sure they have a few 12s there languishing inthe boat park, and they have a bunk house that allows 40 people, along with a campsite next door. fantastic facilities, althogh we would probably have to book early.
I know one of my 12s came from there last year, and another club member also bought one from there.  would be a good place to revitalise a fleet at.

icecreamman

How about Tynemouth. You can camp in the block yard, it is great sea sailing and the beer is not bad.

THG

Can you camp at Spinnaker - the Club seems to have the largest fleet in the Country.....??????
THG

Jeremy C

How about going somewhere where twelves aren't normally seen then we could promote the class to a new audience. Bala? Don't know what it is like to get to but it is a big bit of water.
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

scrapper (Guest)

Bala â€" about an hours drive from the middle of nowhere in my experience.

On the plus side the local youth are always up for a bit of a ruck so no problem with the social.  No idea what the local classes are or who you’d be ‘selling’ to.

Phil Brown

Bala. Wales' answer to Lake Garda?? Except the wind doesn't blow just up or down it, Great when it does, interesting when it doesn't
<br />Phil Brown<br /><br />N 3518

Roly Mo

I might have expected ICM and Angus to be 'controversially helpful'!  In answer to Sam's question about inland v sea - the Nationals are on the sea so it's nice to have the summer event inland to encourage people who don't like the lumpy stuff to come along. 
Mrs RM

sam293

fare point mrs rm.
im with jeremy on going to a new venue,

balas great, datchet usually provide a  good sail, and party. draycote waters a nice venue.
a few other possibly more controvertial choices, maybe a river venue?
or smaller inland waters, redesmere, rudyard lake etc

THG

Yorkshire Dales aka Grimwith will have their new build finished soon - big bit of water but no camping on site - but there are local places around.   Plenty of water for lots of 12s there and quite a few members there were ex 12 sailors.
THG

THG

Small water withlots of camping around - could go for one of the Cotswold lakes - take your pick there are at least 4, 2 that have 12s on them...  Albacores had their Inlands on one of the lakes too recently.  New hotel opened up within walking distance for those that like the luxuries.  Go cable water skiiing nearby and even Go Ape (same stuff different name).
THG

simon moss

Yorkshire dales would be a great venue and is almost always windy as hell, check out last years you tube footage, also Bassenthwaite or Ullswater are both fanatstic venues, I think Ullswater has permanent camping on site with at least two other campsites next door.
Simon

sam293

but lets be honest how many of us would drive 5 hours plus each way for   days sailing?
leigh and lowtons about as far north as id travell for two days

n12 Bottom Banner