National 12 - find out more...

Spinnaker Invitation Weekend

Started by Ian Stables, 14 May 2009, 11:23

« previous - next »

Ian Stables

Final details to follow soon........

In the meantime could those who are thinking of coming (for all or part of the weekend) and have not yet expressed their intention please either post here or email N12s@spinnaker.co.uk?

Hope to see you all there 8)
Ian<br />N3520 (Ex N3404)

MikeDay

Ian

Still hoping to be there on the Sunday but it's now dependent on Selden / P&B who are making my new mast following the Thorpe Bay breakage.  Delivery possible by late next week but it's not certain.  Will keep you posted.

Mike D
N3496

Mike S (Guest)

Put me down as a "maybe" for the Sun only. I'd say its about 60/40 in favour at the mo
Mike S
N3491

John Meadowcroft

apart from the problem that the new boat has not yet been fitted out and needs to be measured, we have a babysitting solution and hope to be there on sunday... hoping to bring the Thorntons too.

John T (Guest)

I can confirm that the Thornton family are intending to come, we just have to work out the babysitting arrangements :-/ ... then decide which boat to bring :) ... looking forwards to it anyway.
John and Mandy
N3522 ... probably

Alex D

We hope to make the Sunday. Repairs all complete :)
Alex <br />(ex N3455, N3246)

thedodger

Hi Mike, I've got your gloves and buoyancy aid in my car! It's been there for a year waiting for you to come back! Simon

MikeDay

Simon

Thanks - that's an incentive!  Here's hoping the mast will be sorted ...

Mike D
N3496

Ian Stables

Thanks Everyone, looks like a good weekend.....  a few last minute details on the various aspects of the weekend.

Coaching - Saturday 20th
This will be led by Graham C, rigged and ready by 10:00. We will have caterers on site for lunch so no need to bring butties.

12's Barbeque - Saturday 20th
Following on from the days sailing with food from around 7:00, the barbeque will be prepared by our resident caterers and the bar will be open so bring your drinking boots!  Even if you cannot make the coaching session you are all very welcome to join in for the evening. Approximate cost will be £7.00 per head.
If you have any special dietary needs please let me know (n12s(at)spinnakerclub.co.uk)

Open Meeting - Sunday 21st
Counting as part of the Thames Area Series our Open Meeting this year is integrated into our regular club racing. Registration from 10:00 onwards, briefing at 11:00 and the first race shortly before 12:00. We generally have about 30 toppers and the same number of oppies out on a Sunday morning so the car parks will be busy (don't worry they don't all stay for the racing!!), we will cordon off some of the car park as a dinghy park for visitors, please just make yourself known on arrival. Once again our caterers will be providing food, bacon butties in the morning and lunch between races 1 & 2.

Directions to the club can be found at www.spinnakerclub.co.uk/location.html
and SI's at www.spinnakerclub.co.uk/Sailing%20Instructions%202009.pdf

If there is anything else you need please do shout!

Looking forward to seeing you all there.
Ian<br />N3520 (Ex N3404)

tonyelgar

ian,
unlikely to be making it with 3255 now, I just havent managed to get the boat sorted and other commitments are looming too! bit gutting but maybe next time.

tony 
ex 2760/3255

Jeremy C

PLanning/hoping to be there on the sunday with TC.
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

MikeDay

Ian

Very sorry - have heard from Selden that the mast will now not be ready for this weekend so we won't be there.  Have a great time and let me have the results for the Thames Area in due course.

Mike D
N3496

thedodger

Sorry to hear about the rig Mike, but does that mean I'm still the guardian of your buoyancy aid and gloves for another year! Simon

Fools Gold will be there for Sunday racing only. Wife and children willing.

Tom W (Guest)

Sorry Ian and any other boys (and girls) from spinnaker....gonna have to let the side down and not come this weekend!! might have picked up Swine Flu so have to be quaranteened for next five days...have a great weekend!!!

n12 Bottom Banner