National 12 - find out more...

Aldeburgh YC open 10th & 11th July

Started by chalky, 23 Jun 2010, 02:00

« previous - next »

chalky

Please don't forget the Aldeburgh Yacht Club Open on the 10th & 11th July. Come and sail on the East Coast's finest river, you won't regret it. The event is part of the vintage series with at least 7 eligible craft expected including some ribbed examples.
2 Races on Saturday afternoon and 3 on Sunday (timing to be agreed). 3 races to count.
There is a meal at the Club on Saturday evening. We will be dining with the RS 400 sailors who are mostly harmless. I will try to attach the menu, set 3 course meal £12.50 with the best restaurant view in Town.
For more information please call me an I will try to help, my number is in the book.
See you at Aldeburgh, John Chalker
PLEASE NOTE THE MENU HAS CHANGED TO

Liver Pate
Beef Bourguignon
Summer Pudding
£`13.75

Roly Mo

Looking forward to it very much - 2 adults will enjoy eating but the child doesn't do pasta in a big way so is it ok if we bring something for her to nosh on?
RM

chalky

I have checked at the club and that will be fine. The caterers may be able to do  a childrens meal by request.
There will be a vegetarian option and please note the menu has now changed to
Liver Pate
Beef Bourguinon
Summer Pudding
£13.75
An idea of numbers is required  Tuesday 7th July at the latest for catering.

Antony (Guest)

Jo and I will be there as usual.  I am pretty sure we have childcare sorted out for the dinner as well as the sailing.
Not sure yet what we will be sailing.....
Antony

chalky

Jerry G

N3500 will be there.  Not able to stay for Sat evening meal as need to check our sheep before returning on Sunday.
Jerry G

Chadders

Hi John I think I emailed you a while ago.  I can make it with my Starfish Triarda but currently I have no crew, any chance of finding one locally who doesnt mind sailing with an old fat bloke?  I will give you a ring to follow up, meant to do it earlier this evening (and last)! Howard C aka Chadders

chalky

Howard,
I'm sure I can find someone suiatble. Are you looking for a matching crew,  or something a little lighter?
John

Chadders

A compensatory 6 to 8 stone fit crew would be good but beggars cant be choosers and anyone who is fun to sail with and not too competitive would be fine.  many thanks.  Howard  PS Sarah says they also need to be able to put up with a grumpy old man! I think she is confusing me with Paul Turner.

Roly Mo

Howard grumpy?  Never!
We need 4 more places for the meal on Saturday night as Bernard's crew, Judith Hart (ex ASC member), husband, daughter (crewing for Tim), and daughter's husband are joining the party.  Ellie and I are going to WOBYC for the weekend (Miss Clark wants to go and do some Tera training) but will be at Aldeburgh for the meal.
Now bringing 2 N12's and a Tera - the logistics are still being worked on!
Mrs RM

paul turner

Greetings from TVSC! Christine and I intend being there with a vintage yot, probably Starfish N2020 but possibly Shotgun N2359! Having a bit of trouble finding suitable B&B for Saturday night (and I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO CAMP!). Px :K)
PS - just how many peeps are coming out to play??? It's a long from Trent Valley - 4 hours and nearly 200 miles and there's only Chadders to play with?

paul turner

Hey Chadders - pot calling the kettle and all that! Young man please!

chalky

Paul,

Vintage boats expected so far include,

Tim with part of the gatti collection
Bernard with a selection of boats 
Howard with starfish
Rit Walton and Phobus
We will be sailing Bobtail

Will you be staying for dinner at the club saturday evening/ Hopefully it will be a good night...
If you are still stuck for B&B please call with you r requiremeents/ budget, Aldeburgh gets a bit silly in July and August!

The weather forecast looks good, it should be great weekend. Two races on saturday, first race 2.00, briefing at 12.30ish. 3 races on Sunday starting at 11.00

john Chalker

Chadders

Accomodation sorted thanks to Sarah's Liesure Painter Magazine and crew sorted thanks to John C looking forward to a great weekend in Aldeburgh.8)  Chadders (No longer grumpy)

JonathanReubin

Looks as though 443 will emerge from shed and meander up the coast. Will pitch yurt on forshore and communicate with Oden in the evening or maybe hit the bar.  Is it Adnams or Watneys Red Barrel here? She will have to travel with a few gallons of best Brightlingsea muddy water  sloshing around in her to caulk the lands. Its been a dry couple of years in her tin shed.
My local crew sounds very keen and is not afraid of the wet stuff so expect energetic roll tacking!  Last time I tried that in 443 she rolled through 360 deg in the wink of an eye.  But at least her centreplate stayed put!  However, I think the Alde might only allow 270deg so it could be mucky sails for me!
I look forward to seeing you all either in or on the water.

n12 Bottom Banner