National 12 - find out more...

European Event

Started by Chris Day, 08 Jul 2012, 09:21

« previous - next »

Tom J (Guest)

Entry is now open...<br style="font-size: 10px; color: #222222; font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; background-color: #e9e9e9;" /><br style="font-size: 10px; color: #222222; font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; background-color: #e9e9e9;" />http://carnac2014.org/?page_id=29<br style="font-size: 10px; color: #222222; font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; background-color: #e9e9e9;" /><br style="font-size: 10px; color: #222222; font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; background-color: #e9e9e9;" />Please can you enter now if you know you are coming and everyone who has paid their £20 by 31st Dec will get free event t-shirts.<br style="font-size: 10px; color: #222222; font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; background-color: #e9e9e9;" /><br style="font-size: 10px; color: #222222; font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; background-color: #e9e9e9;" />Thanks,<br style="font-size: 10px; color: #222222; font-family: Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; background-color: #e9e9e9;" />Tom

John m

We have entered...

Biniou

Tom J (Guest)

I will try and post without all the code this time. There is a list of current entries available at http://carnac2014.org/?page_id=159

Neal

Indecision now entered
3271 & 3501

John m

Bruce Johnson and Nigel Waller have declared they are coming.  Bruce intending to bring all his family...  We know they wont enter early - who else is coming?

Tom J (Guest)

Just 1 quick note on the last reply. There will be an entry cut off before the event, purely because if we don't have people's £20 in advance of the event then we won't have time to spend the money on socials, prizes etc. There's still plenty of time but just wanted to make sure people were aware of this and please can you let any of the known late enters know too.

P.S. If any details are still tbc then perfectly happy for that to go on the entry form and then any changes can be made when they are known.

Chris Day

We've just signed up. 5 N12s so far. 5 Ents, 5 Larks and 4 Merlins...this is starting to get competitive and we've got a bit of catching up to do with the Scorpions!

http://carnac2014.org

Tim Gatti

Has anyone any idea if there are camping facilities at the Club - or will we have to rely on any local commercial sites?
Tim

John m

Tim
check the blog on the carnac2014.org webpage.  "Discounted camping available near the club"

John

Tom J (Guest)

For those people looking into ferries can I recommend holding fire for a few days... we're currently in talks that will get people a small discount and we should have more details in the next few days. Keep an eye on the event homepage or facebook for more updates.

There is already info on discounted camping on the website or you can find links to other accommodation options.

For anyone who hasn't, please enter now - http://carnac2014.org/?page_id=157

Kevin

Tom J (Guest)

Hi, first of all happy xmas! Without wanting to tear you away from leftover turkey or a good family domestic for too long this is just a quick plea for you to enter Carnac if you are planning on coming. It takes 5 minutes, the link is here:
http://carnac2014.org/?page_id=157
and you'll get a free t-shirt each if you do it and pay the £20 deposit before 1st January. If some details are still tbc then that is fine, they can be filled in later. I know this may seem early but:
1 - I need to write the SI's which will include working out how best to manage the fleets to keep them apart (easier if I know how many of each we're likely dealing with)
2 - We need to buy prizes and without knowing fleet sizes or potential additional prize categories we could end up wasting money
3 - I can't work out the social budget without a decent idea of how much money we will have available
4 - the more boats signed up early the more appealing the event is to those who are currently undecided leading to both better racing and better socials for you
All the details you need are online at www.carnac2014.org including information on discounted ferries, cheap camping and who the other 69 boats that have already entered are.
And finally, the classes have not been asked to put any money into the event and I don't intend to pay for it my self so we really need the £20 deposits for everything like prizes, socials, t-shirts etc that needs to be paid for in advance. If you can't commit now then not to worry but for those who can it would be a massive help if you could take 2 minutes to get your entry in. If everyone leaves it to the last minute then we'll get to the event, i'll have a wad of cash from all the late entries and there won't be any time to spend it on the actual event... actually, that sounds brilliant but it won't be so great for everyone else.
Thanks,
Tom

Biniou

Crusader 3244

Blimey!
A scan of the fixtures list had us thinking about a return to the fold and Pevensey in August ... not a big step I know, but a big one for us since Thorpe Bay 2009 was our last event!
And now anticipation has got the better of us we see Carnac, the entry list, and recall all the fun we've been missing.
It's too soon for us to commit to Carnac but were certainly interested. Bens college work is the main consideration. As yet he doesn't know if the bulk of his coursework assemments will have been completed by then. Just about the same time last year he had a very heavy workload. 

Chris and Ben. 'Why Can't You?'
Chris, 3244

n12 Bottom Banner