National 12 - find out more...

Burton week 2006 daily results

Started by grazz, 20 Aug 2006, 03:26

« previous - next »

grazz

The morning dawned very light and patchy, so there was a postponement for two hours to allow the breeze to fill in. The fleet eventually took to the water at 12. After a false start, the fleet finally got away around 1.15. The conditions were very light, perching weather, with a mixture of swell and chop and some ominous rainclouds. The first beat was very shifty and right paid initially but then the wind filled in from the left. Nigel Playford was first round the mark followed by Ian & Alex Gore and Graham & Zoe. Down the first reach Ian & Alex took the lead, closely pursued by Graham & Zoe. Ian & Alex led down the next reach but Graham & Zoe just pulled ahead on the next beat. Tim Laws and Mike Shallow hit the right hand side and picked up a lot of places, while Tom & Liz and Richard & Lindsey started to pull through the fleet.

Ian & Alex and Zoe & Graham swapped the lead for the next three laps, closely pursued by Tom & Liz and Tim & Sam. The last beat was nailbiting as the wind dropped off and the chop and shifts made tactics very difficult and stressful. Finally Graham & Zoe got the gun, and Ian & Alex got the Coronation Cup (thanking their luck that Graham & Zoe's wedding date is after the champs), just keeping ahead of Tom & Liz.

Results:
1) Graham & Zoe
2) Ian & Alex
3) Tom & Liz
4) Richard & Lindsey
5) Tim & Sam  

davidg (Guest)

Well done Graham and Zoe, you are excused posting a report tonight!

David

canthelpthinkingthatifallofusonthewebweresailingtherewouldbefiftyboatsandwewouldhavemorefunthansittingintheoffice

Amelia

Its all very exciting and nail biting this watching from afar business! not to mention being either 12 hours ahead or after the event!

Well done G & Z and Ian and Alex

ameliafromaveryveryfarawayplacewithgreatsailingbutstillmissingburtonweekandfindingitveryhardtotypewithnospacesinthesentenace.

rick perkins

What designs are the below using and what are their weights?

Results:
1) Graham & Zoe
2) Ian & Alex
3) Tom & Liz
4) Richard & Lindsey
5) Tim & Sam  

regards,

Rick
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

bim (Guest)

Rik,

Crew Name; Design Name; Weight (couldn't possibly say)

1. Graham & Zoe; Numinous (Brett Dingwall shell, home finished)

2. Ian & Alex; Feeling Foolish (Nigel Waller Built)

3. Tom & Liz; Feeling Foolish (P&B Winder)

4. Richard & Lindsey; Fianl Chapter  (Nigel Waller Built)

5. Tim & Sam; Big issue (Aardvark Technologies)

I think all of them are sailing at the lighter end of the spectrum!

Hope that helps,
Bim (at the heavier end of the spectrum)

Fran G (Guest)

Fran G (Guest)

Two people posting at the same time.  At least we agree on designs Bim, and clearly you are much more polite than I am.

Must do some work.....

Fran

Kevin

Hate to rubbish your estimates Fran, and at the risk of incurring my daughter's wrath for going public with this, but I understand that Richard and Lindsey will "comfortably" qualify for the Tubs trophy which starts at 21 stone. As for the rest, I couldn't possibly say.

KevinwhosboatisatburtonweekeventhoughIamnot
N3491

Mystic Meg (Guest)

Mikey C

Rich and Lindsey didnt quite make tubs this year (apparently, maybe they didnt want to weigh in...)

For accuracy, Tim's boat is a Big Issue 2
Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

rick perkins

regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

philipcosson

Philip<br />ex N3367, ex N3253

rick perkins

[quote by=philipcosson link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool,m=1156083979,s=26 date=1156339402]theymustalleatalotofgrapefruit

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3439391.stm

Philip
N3253[/quote]

No space bar?

regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

Louisa (Guest)

It's really great to get news and results hot from Burton Week - but when will it be possible please to find out how the rest of the fleet are doing, in particular Dare Barry and Paradise Pudding?  Many thanks in advance for any info.

Best wishes, Louisa
Isle of Wight crew

Kevin

I hear that Tom & Liz got two firsts today which means they have won the week with two days to spare.
Domination or what? Either way a tremendous feat.
Kevin

n12 Bottom Banner