National 12 - find out more...

Gill Series - Starcross open. Sepytember 16th/17th

Started by Vyv Game (Guest), 29 Aug 2006, 08:11

« previous - next »

Vyv Game (Guest)

After the excitement of Burton week and for some Salcombe regatta, the highlight of the Gill series is just around the corner on 16th/17th of September! Voted the best event last year the Starcross open offers excellent sailing and fantastic onshore facilities at a very friendly club. This year we are sharing the weekend with the Wayfarer Westerns so it will be up to the 12 sailors to add the class and probably the excitement!
Limited camping is available at the club and breakfast will be served Saturday and Sunday mornings as well as a superb Saturday evening meal.

It would help me if I had an idea of numbers expected, particularly for the Saturday evening meal. If you could respond to this thread it would be very helpful.  In addition please let me know if you intend to arrive Friday evening for camping.

Vyv Game   3398

Nigel

Hi Vyv

Apologies I will not be there this year (Mothers 70th Birthday)

Nigel N3490 (For Sale)

Vyv Game

Apologies for the typo in the title ::)
Sorry to hear that you cant make it nigel but for those who can here are some more contact details:
Email- vyv@vgame.freeserve.co.uk
Telephone- 01404 841623
hope to hear from you all soon.

Vyv 3398

DavidW

Sadly I can't make it there this year for a number of reasons.

Starcross really is a great venue though and I hope  that we can achieve a good turnout.

Cheers

David
3481(not for sale!)
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

MikeDay

Flipside and I would like to be there if anyone (not more than c.9 st) fancies crewing for the weekend as Anne is still not fit to sail yet.  Please email me on michael.day@hrp.org.uk or call evenings 020 8783 9243.

Mike D
N3496

Antony (Guest)

Vyv,
Starcross is certainly where I plan to be that weekend.  I have not been there since I was team-racing Larks against Exeter.  Still a few issues to resolve around crewing and babysitting, but I expect to see you there.  Unlikely to manage the evening meal due to the aforementioned children.

Pretty sure that my sister Frances (3431) will also be there as she has left her boat somewhere near Bristol to collect on the way.

Antony
N3484

John Meadowcroft

Katy and I plan to be there, as do the Willises.  I too have not sailed there since the aforemention team racing more than 15 years ago.  Hope to see a big fleet!

THG

Planning to be there with No 2 crew - so hopefully not too much wind on order (nice force 3ish).

Will need to camp or find some floor space.

Kean
N3339
THG

Fran G (Guest)

Yes, Sophie and I will be there in 3431.  Mike, as you have given this much notice it can't be hard to find a crew.  There were a couple of keen crews that we sent down to Burton Week.  If you have no luck, give me a call and I will make a few calls myself or give you a couple of names.  Might be worth noting at least one of the people who can't make it as his crew is pretty local to Starcross.....

Fran

Vyv Game

I could  probably source local crews if that is any help to anyone.

Vyv 3398

MikeDay

Vyv

If you're able to find a max 9 stone-ish crew for the weekend that'd be great.  If that doesn't work, I'll chase up Fran's kind offer.

Is there a pub or b&b close by (am too old to camp!)?

Mike D
N3496

Vyv Game

For local accommodation you can use this link on our club website:
www.starcrossyc.org.uk/index.php?categoryid=57
( Please tell me if this doesnt work)
Im in the process of finding you a crew, watch this space.

Vyv -  3398

Vyv Game

Mike
I have found you a crew. She is called Anna Hickman, aged 15. Has experience crewing for her Dad in a Design 8, now currently sailing a Laser 4.7!
Let me know if you would like some contact details.
By the way the B&B list on the Starcross website is being updated so check it on a regular basis.

Vyv 3398

James Taylor

Hi Vyv

We are coming up to Starcross with 3402

See you all there ;D

James and Emma
3304 & 3402

Vyv Game

Anyone else out there who intends to sail at the Starcross Open?  We need to try to finalise numbers soon for catering purposes.

n12 Bottom Banner