National 12 - find out more...

Stuck Thread - Next Events

Started by THG, 18 Sep 2006, 12:54

« previous - next »

THG

Had discussion at Starcross on Sunday (no racing  :'() - thought it would be a good idea to have more notices of race sent out earlier - use the Smart Groups AND also to post the next 4 events as a 'Stuck Thread' PLUS we should have the next Gill event - this way they stay at the top and any comments on crews/ accomodation / who's going would not get pushed down the board.

Example if this was working now we'd see Trent Valley, Inverkip, Henley and the Inlands - lastly the Grafham Gill.

Who can set these up?  We could leave the last event up until the results are posted (e.g. Starcross)

Kean

THG

Jimbo41

Kean, did you talk to Kevin Iles? He's in charge of the events end.

Cheers!

Jim N31302 (Oh, of course no sweeties etc....)

P.S. fancy a trip to Bavaria for Whit Bank Holiday? I'm trying to organise a race meet at our club.

THG

Yes - Kevin was there (I think!) and I'm sure we all agreed thats whats needed but not sure who can post the stickies and also wanted other feedback.  The smart groups was another idea but this may not be working - trying it out.

Maybe has to wait for Mr camm to return as Webdullah guru.

THG

Kevin

Kean,

Yes, I was there and Yes, we do have to wait for Mr Camm to reappear.

Kevin

grazz

I am now back, this is what we currently do

We already post the next one or two events on the "Latest" section - top right of the home page. If people send me details of events then myself or Zoe publish these as well

We usually send out the details of forthcoming major events via the Smartgroup (Burton week, Indlands, Gill events).

We don't send out Smartgroup e-mails for every event because I think people already get way too much e-mail (in general) and because the Smartgroup covers all areas it doesn't seem right to send a notification of an event on the river Thames to someone in Scotland.

Some area reps send out circulars to the open meeting sailors in their region by e-mail for forthcoming events. (The North are very good at this)

The next idea is to change the e-mail list so people can subscribe to notifications by area - then I think we'll be able to get relevant e-mails to people

I'm happy to make Threads sticky if event organisers can post to the details to the discussion board.

n12 Bottom Banner