National 12 - find out more...

survey

Started by philipcosson, 21 Dec 2006, 08:39

« previous - next »

philipcosson

I like the survey - hope you get some good responses. I have sent the link to scaling dam sailing club membership secretary and asked him to send it to the membership.

Philip
N3253
Philip<br />ex N3367, ex N3253

Antony (Guest)

I have done it, and I cannot even win the jacket.  Phillip makes a good point, that it would be good to get as many people as possible to do the survey even if they are not currently 12 sailors.

Have a good Christmas,

Antony

rick perkins

With over 3500 boats built we should get a good response but it will require that all of us play 3 roles;

1) We complete the survey ourselves
2) We email people and ask them to complete it and send it on
3) Ask your club webmaster to feature the survey

regards,

Rick
regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

rick perkins

Msg from Graham.

Dear all,

There was a slight technical hitch on the owners version of the survey today. It you filled in the owners survey on Friday the 22nd December  before approximately 4pm we haven't received your answers. It is really important that we get everyone's answers so please could we ask you to re-submit your response. http://www.national12.org/surveys/70th_Census/survey_70th_Census.shtml  

If you are unsure whether you need to resubmit please e-mail and I'll let you know if we received your response.

Apologies for the inconvenience: this is the first time we've run this sort of survey so please bear with us.

If you filled in the potential owners survey then we definitely have your response

Graham
webmaster@national12.org

regards,

Rick

N12 3490

Wedding Invitations
Contemporary W

John Meadowcroft

Please keep the responses coming. I wonder which club will have the most respondents?  We want both 12 sailors and non-12 sailors so get those people who are sailing other classes at your club to have a look.  They may have some interesting responses having watched you sail off into the distance!

Antony (Guest)

There are now over 80 responses from those who sail 12s, but not enough crews.  Please ask you crew to express their opinions.  As John mentioned we would also be grateful if you could encourage sailing friends that have not realised what they are missing and sail something else to have a go at filling in the survey.

Also, do not forget that if you are at the London Boat Show in the next two weeks there is an NTOA stand.  I am sure that the volunteers that are manning the stand will appreciate all the support and visits they get, especially if you offer to help or get them a cup of tea.

Happy New Year.

Antony

Roly Mo

It's now linked from the Ripon SC website and the Ripon N12 fleet will be encouraging people to fill it in - from current helms and crews to those who've never sailed a 12.

Wonder how many completed forms we will finally end up with?  When's the cut off date?

Team Roly Mo

Antony (Guest)

There are now over 150 responses, of which 90 are current 12 sailors.  The plan is to close the survey at the end of the month, but this can be extended if there is good reason.  To be honest there are already so many interesting comments that we will struggle to analyse everything that we learn.

Antony
N3484, will be at the Bloody Mary and in the dock at the LBS.

James Taylor

The survey link has now been sent to all PZSC club members with email, So hope you get some replies from there.

James and Emma
3304 Up for Sale & 3402

philipcosson

it would be a shame to close this down too early - one could always analyse the results so far and let the survey run another month. this could then be a further analysis.

Another way might be to take a random sample of 100 responses from the whole and analyse them.

I would have to say that the use of a variety of response types e.g. likert scale, cafeteria, nominal, free text, etc. will make it quite a challenge to analyse! I was unhappy with question 42. it presupposed that we only wanted one of the features, yet I did not think they were mutually exclusive.

it was fun to fill in mind.

Philip
Philip<br />ex N3367, ex N3253

THG

How many in now?  To get more input from non 12s would it be a good idea to take a simplified type format to the Dinghy show and canvas opinion there - esp. around the RS / Topper stands  ;D

Kean
THG

Antony (Guest)

There are now 107 responses from  12 sailors, so there is a slowing down from the initial rush.  With the mailing next week I hope that this will pick up again.  Interesting points:

1.  At least one person does not know their own sail no.
2.  Three people do not know the design of their boat, including somebody with the same design as me (and there are only two).
3.  We almost all like, buy and recommend Gill kit.

Antony

Jimbo41

Hi folks!

Can't wait to hear the results. Like Phillip I think question 42 was not well formulated.

Questions to Antony:

1). How long will the survey run?

2). What design do you own, or are you one of the famous three ?  :P ;) ;D

See you at BW, we're probably just up the road from you....

Jim.

Antony (Guest)

Jim,

1.   No decision yet, tba.
2.  I am the one that knew that it was a Paradox.  The story is that Bim named the design relatively recently (under pressure) but the two owners were never told.  I found out, whereas Jon and Jules Brown seem to have never been told!

Antony

Antony (Guest)

Incidentally, there are still only 12 female and 13 crew respondents to the 12 sailors part of the survey.  

Please encourage crews to reply even though it is less obviously targetted at them, we do value the opinions of all of you but cannot guess what you think if you do not use opportunities like this to help us.

Antony

n12 Bottom Banner