National 12 - find out more...

South Cerney SC Open & Vintage / 4p 21st April

Started by THG, 02 Apr 2007, 10:55

« previous - next »

MattStiles

I'll be there.  Last time I sailed at South Cerney I was in a Cadet myself so it should be interesting being back on old stamping ground.

Matt N3143

THG

Matt - you may see some of the old cadets there still - they will be out training.  FYI - the entrance has moved since you were last there and a new club house too.

Kean
THG

James A

Having just acquired Paradise Pudding I'm planning to come and have a spin. I'll be coming up from spinnaker and am looking forward to it.

James

THG

What a great days sailing - here are the pics to prove it!

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/pkdjsolo/National12Open21April07HeldAtSCSC

Thanks to all those that turned up with boats and a few without that are in the process of getting or just acquired a 12.

Write up will be done shortly.

FYI - Tigress won and beat the DBs

Kean
THG

Mike S

Photos are great to eat your lunchtime sandwiches to - there's a lovely sequence of a 4 boat wide mark rounding - any gunwhale scrapes from that one?

looks like it was a great day - wish I could have been there. My only consolation is Alex's football season is now over so less time will now be spent ferrying boys around S & SE London and more time sailing!  

Mike
N3274

THG

Event report on Y&Y site.

Close racing, one lot of turns done at least but no scrapes at the marks (that I'm aware of).

Kean
THG

Jimbo41

[quote by=Kean link=Blah.cgi?b=Cool1,m=1175507756,s=18 date=1177318171]What a great days sailing - here are the pics to prove it!

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/pkdjsolo/National12Open21April07HeldAtSCSC

Thanks to all those that turned up with boats and a few without that are in the process of getting or just acquired a 12.

Write up will be done shortly.

FYI - Tigress won and beat the DBs

Kean[/quote]

Kean, great pics! What happened to Paradise Pudding - James A's Man o' War?

Jim N3470 (Man o' War - Passion Pudding).

THG

James said he was coming - was one of my 'no shows'  :'(

Hope the pics make them all feel guilty  :B

Tigress won - so maybe thats the boat for BW eh Jim?????

Kean
THG

MattStiles

Thanks Kean and all at South Cerney for a superb day's sailing.  Great to have somebody taking photos too (printing one off for Adam now)

Matt

James A

I'm really sorry but I got the dates mixed up and was therefore unable to come.

James

Alex D

Thanks to all at South Cerney for great day out.

Lots of helpful advice and plenty to work on. Thanks guys.
Alex <br />(ex N3455, N3246)

DavidW

Thamks Kean & your clubmates - we had a great day. Some excellent photos too, we'll be back for more next year!

Cheers
David Wilkins
3481 Cooked to Perfection

paul turner

Hi Kean!

Please pass on to everyone at SCSC our thanks for organising an excellent open meeting; good weather, a bit of a breeze, great organisation and a great day's sailing (even if we did sail like a pair of muppets (excuse was that Shirley was seriously overhung from her works leaving "do" the night before ??)) and let Mr Kitching beat us in his vintage yot). Shame more didn't turn up!

And watch out you northern vintage sailors, Mr K has "carbonised" his boat and is going very fast!

We look forward to seeing y'all at TVSC on 12/13 May!

Paul N2487

James A

Don't worry Jim i will definately be at brixham and have the correct dates.

James

n12 Bottom Banner