National 12 - find out more...

Spinnaker training day Saturday, September 27th

Started by thedodger, 01 Aug 2008, 02:16

« previous - next »

thedodger

Just advanced warning that we will be running a training day at Spinnaker Club on Saturday, 27th September. All are welcome. We will have expert coaches available to help set up your boat and improve your performance. Please let us know if you are coming, we can then decide whether to provide catering and rescue boats. We now have 12 boats at Spinnaker so you will have plenty of company. You can contact me or Phil Brown through Spinnaker Club or through the National 12 handbook.
N3454 Jammy Dodger

Louisa

On the subject of planning in advance - I would be keen to crew for anyone at the Spinnaker training day. 
Regards, Louisa Mamakou
Isle of Wight
Tel: 01983 562702

thedodger

Hi Louisa, just come along, we have plenty of boats available to borrow and you are guaranteed some sailing. Probably easiest to come via Lymington. If you want I am sure we can get you picked up from the ferry. My telephone number is in the N12 book, alternatively you can email me swalworths(at)aol.com.

Louisa

Thank you very much - I certainly look forward to coming along.  In the meantime, if anyone wants to be sure of having a crew for the training day, then do get in touch beforehand.
Similarly, I am always keen to crew at events which are within reasonably easy reach of the Isle of Wight and which don't clash with the racing I do in Dare's boat at RVYC!
Louisa

Ian Stables

Hi Louisa

Not sure if you have a car on the mainland, but I will be driving from Soton area and could pick you up from the hydrofoil if that would work for you?  Don't think I am in the book yet, my email is ian.stables(at)orange.net.

Ian N3404

Ian<br />N3520 (Ex N3404)

Louisa

Many thanks for the offer of a lift Ian as I don't keep a car on the north island - I'll contact you nearer the time if I need to hitch a lift!
Regards, Louisa

Jane Wade

Hello
Any more information on this one?  How many boats?  Who are the coaches? What are the planned topics for the day?
Kevin and I are thinking of making a fairly big journey as we are painfully aware of the need to sail the boat faster on restricted water (which generally also means restricted wind!!).
Jane
Crew 3512 Alpha Male

thedodger

Hi Jane, the day is being organised by Phil Brown on behlaf of the Spinnaker 12 fleet. We have about 12 National 12's here now and I believe we will have at least eight on the water. I think Phil is away for a few days but will make sure he gives us a schedule as soon as he gets back.

thedodger

8.09.08. For those weight concious among you, it looks like we'll have some scales along in order you can have your boat (or crew) weighed. The boats will have to sit on the scale, but should be fine as long as we are out of the wind.

Phil Brown

Well, the season's nearly over, but not quite . . .

You've been club sailing, done some open meetings, Burton Week even and it's nearly time to put the cover on for the winter (yes I know you hardy lot keep sailing through the winter, but I've got a nesh crew).

You've got the sailing bit sorted out but what about the racing bit?

This is the final N12 coaching session of the year so before you forget about it all until next year, here's your last chance to pose those questions that have niggled you right through the season:-

Would I have been better if . . . ?

What should I have done round that mark?

What does everyone else do when . . . ?

What do the Rules say about . . . ?

We'll have the usual format of on the water session followed by video debrief, but this time the emphasis will be on racing rather than boat handling and it will really be down to you to decide what we practice, chat about or debate. (Of course, there will always be the opportunity to focus on a bit of boat handling as we go along)

Follow the link to "Coaching sessions" to see where we are, the following link will give you more info on the club

http://www.spinnakerclub.co.uk

Start time advertised as 10:30 am, that's the rigged and ready to sail start time, the kettle will be on by 9:30. There will be tea and coffee but it's unlikely that we will have any catering on site that day so bring your own butties.

Please let me know if you're coming, any queries, let me know.

Look forward to seeing you ;D
<br />Phil Brown<br /><br />N 3518

Phil Brown

IS THIS SATURDAY . . . .

An idea of numbers would be great, let me know if you're coming so we can organise coach/rescue boats etc
<br />Phil Brown<br /><br />N 3518

tom lee

Tom<br />N3545

Ian Stables

Ian<br />N3520 (Ex N3404)

thedodger

I'll be there with Rosie, Tom is back at University. In the absence of my rig, Steve Adshead has kindly lent us his boat.

thedodger

Saw Felix tonight, he'll be there with Emily as crew. Geoff will be along later.

n12 Bottom Banner