Pitsford Dinner

Started by Mikey C, 23 Mar 2006, 09:38

« previous - next »

Mikey C

Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

Jane W (Guest)

Jane W (Guest)

Second thoughts Mike - You come over to my house and look after Imogen.  I'll put a pizza in the oven for you and won't charge you!   ;D

Antony (Guest)

EmmaW

Emma  (dance)

Mikey C

It didnt need to be constructive, it was an exclamation of shock.
Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

John Meadowcroft

I will spend this at least on petrol to get there and entry fees and the rest.  Good food costs too.  This will be different from the average open meeting knees up.  Looking forward to it immensely.  Anyone is free to look after my kids for a pizza too.

meds

Little Bo

Kevin

Not being good at text messaging, I assume that WTF means "What Terrific Fun!" If not, would you please spell it out Mike?

Kevin

RogerBrisley

Richard Pilgrim

RogerBrisley

Richard,

No snobbery from my point of view,  perhaps you have missed the point completely!  What I'm saying  is that for a special event the marginal cost is negligible over the cost of any other event - and I would have considered this to probably be within the grasp of all whether you sail an old ac boat or a brand spanking new boat,  but I also mean that it seems abit thin from topshop boys when the rest of us old ac types (that do opens) are not complaining  - I believe Medds alludes to this - and the event is in reality not excluding any 12 sailors.

Little Bo suggests otherwise though I think her non attendance is more to do with having little ones  rather than any thing else.  I recall not attending events for the lack of sitters more than anything else but tough,  you can't always reduce events to the lowest common denominator,  your children will eventual fit with your social requirements,  look forward to the centenary!

Roger

John Meadowcroft

I am bringing babysitters with me so that we can both sail and go to the dinner.  The cost of the babysitting will be more than the dinner.....  

Dont think there is any snobbery going on.  The only time that I get snobby is when i turn up in an old boat and beat the new ones.  So if there is snobbery it is inverse snobbery.  We will be there in the old boat unless the forecast suggests it is going to be windy, and I hope anyone would forgive me for wanting to sail one of our fantastic modern boats when it is windy.

Finally I dont think Jane's rebuke was too harsh unless Kevin's interpretation of the acronym was correct when I agree that an apology would be in order.

good times - hope to see many of you at the Steve Nicholson race this weekend.

meds

Jane W (Guest)

Hmmm...maybe I was a little quick assuming I did get the WTF reference wrong!  However I do know Mr Cooke Jnr pretty well and therefore my suggestion of McDonalds not as harsh as it immediately sounded.  I am revising my offer Mike - the pizza will be thin crust without pineapple and I am more than happy to also supply you and your crew with garlic bread as well.

Jane XX

EmmaW

I can assure you Jane, Mike is now a reformed character - not a single McDonald's in the three years we have been together! A bit of quality girlfriending has rid him of that dispicable habit!!

:D

(PS - Roger, a carbon boat does not mean lots of pennies, expecially when you are putting in the hours on your own boats!)
Emma  (dance)

n12 Bottom Banner