National 12 - find out more...

Pitsford Dinner

Started by Mikey C, 23 Mar 2006, 09:38

« previous - next »

Jimbo41

Jane, I'm looking at things from a distance here, but even at this distance WTF sounds like WTF to me. I mean I think what Mike meant was "Weigh the Fridge!"

At  32 quid a nose they must have a lot of food in it.....

So let's try and be generous shall we? After all it is our 70th....

Personally we would love to come over and meet you all, but we'd not only have to find a babysitter, but also a flight....  :'(

Jim N3130

helen

Antony (Guest)

Helen makes a good point, that people should be careful to be too critical unless you are prepared to raise your head and organise this kind of thing yourself.  The NTOA continues (as ever) to depend on a small number of people to do a lot of work.

We've now:
1.  Bought dinner tickets for Northampton.
2.  Entered Burton Week.
3.  Booked some accomodation on that holiday park at Porthpean (Duporth is the name to search for).  Confirmed attendence of the necessary grandparents.
It is late January, so it must be time to get organised for the summer.

Antony

RogerBrisley

Mikey C

Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

Jimbo41

Naturally, no offence was meant to you Mike.

However, if I renamed N3130 "Pastisch" and turned up with her for Burton Week, she'd have to have a pie crust rig and be filled with diced meat and veg! (Or was it pilchards and fairmaids?)

(Incidentally, I'm sure that's not what they're going to dish up at Pitsford)

Jim 3130 Big Issue with (single) pie crust bottom.

Paul Turner N2487/3500 (Guest)

Dear Anthony (guest user),

You do seem to be a very keen and organised sort of chappie, booking your entries and accomodation well in advance; could I forward to you an entry form for the Trent Valley GILL meeting now that your earlier concerns have (hopefully) been answered (see "Fixtures"). We don't want you to miss the traditional supper on the Saturday night; numbers will be limited to 80!

And, Mike & Emma, the meal plus entertainment will be well within student/younger sailor budgets so that everyone can come along and enjoy!

Antony (Guest)

Mikey C

Sorry Jimbo, I meant 3031! too much time readin the forum, and not enough time with the sails up...
Carbon Toys for fast girls and boys!

//www.aardvarkracing.co.uk

lucy horsley

Nathan (Guest)

Jane Wade

Not sure I like the inference that Northampton is 'cheaper' than HI.  This event is taking place in a fairly smart hotel whereas HI is a private sailing club.  They will therefore have their own in house caterers and no venue hire and big difference in the price.

Jane

philipcosson

Philip<br />ex N3367, ex N3253

Terry C (Guest)

Guest (Guest)

Ok, lots of whinging about costs, but as Jane points out we are going to a commercial establishment with overheads that are far above your average sailing club ( and I speak with knowledge here!!). The average pub meal costs a lot these days and my guess is that we will be getting much better grub than one of those!

Nath's point about Hayling Island is somewhat awry - he forgets that there was heavy sponsorship floating around the Merlins bash with a number of Merlin clubs contributing to his booze bill along with some industry people getting involved too.

Unfortunately the Twelves seem to have lost the club racing basis and I doubt there are any clubs out there now who would cough up the odd keg or two in the way that Hampton and Tamesis to name but two, did for the Merlins.

And to upset the impoverish students - those in further education seem to have more disposable income than their parents.

And will I be there - hopefully, I am trying to get someone to run SYC that bank holiday and also find a boat to borrow.

JJJJ

n12 Bottom Banner