National 12 - find out more...

Inlands and Gill Finale

Started by Tom and Charlotte Stewart (Guest), 28 Sep 2008, 09:05

« previous - next »

Tom and Charlotte Stewart (Guest)

The Gill Series Finale and Inland Champs are on the 1st & 2nd Nov at sunny Northampton S.C. The Gill Series is on the Saturday with the final prizegiving on Saturday Night followed by food and the Monster Northampton Fireworks Party and Disco. Both days count for the Inlands.
Three races are scheduled for Saturday with a 12.00pm first race and two to follow. Sunday 10.30 first race with the second back to back. Should be done and dusted before lunch.
Camping is free on site, (please call the club if you are bringing a caravan or campervan 01604 880248). Char has sorted a deal with Sedgebrook Hall Hotel (three miles away, cheap Taxi ride), £65 per room including breakfast and use of pool etc. To book call Sedgebrook on 01604 821666 and mention the sailing club event and Charlotte Stewart to make sure you get the deal price.
Notice of race and entry form will be posted on the website soon.
Any questions call Tom on 07908 753734

grazz

Kevin

Updated results now available on the Gill section of this web-site. Please let me know if you spot any deliberate mistakes.

Following the non-happening of Grafham due to the wind not coming out to play, the series is reduced to 7 events with 4 to count. As last year, all qualifiers who do not receive an overall prize will be entered into a draw for a number of Gill vouchers to the value of £50 each.

I am greatly looking forward to this event even though I never do well at Northampton - I do LOVE fireworks!
If you are intending to be there, it would greatly help the organisation if you would indicate this by adding a post to this thread.
DON'T BE SHY, GIVE THE GILL SERIES A TRY.
Kevin

Chris Troth

Im planning to bring 2930. First time i've travelled to an event so am frantically trying to arrange for my sails to be measured. Any idea where I can get it done? Foxi lives at Olton Mere SC in the midlands.
Chris
Chris

tom white

hi its tom white from olton mere sailing club :)
i am intending to come with my boat N2765 called le shed
i will be coming with chris troth.

Mike S (Guest)

The Prune is expecting to come for the Gill day

Mike S
N3491

FuzzyDuck

Hot Fuzz will be there for the weekend. My final sail in her before I hand her over to new owners Sunday evening.
So all you clinker boats out there please keep away as I know how you like to run into me!
Simon & Matt
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

GC

Hi Kevin.
The Copsey family will all be there (camping).

Antony (Guest)

Jo and I will be there, for our first sail since Teignmouth (well in a 12 anyway).
Chris, I am sure we can sort out your sails at Northampton if you cannot sort it out before then.  Make sure you bring the certificate as well as the sails.
Antony
N3514

Chris Troth

Thanks very much. I've only just sent my form off to join NTOA today, so I should receive a new certificate soon (I think). The new sails are a different size/cut to the previous suit - that doesnt matter does it?
Chris
Chris

andyp

Kevin,
Not sure I really want to own up to this but we are down as a 5th at Ripon which I think is taken from the results produced by Ripon SC. This credits us (3365 Crouching Tiger) with 5, 8, 5 for the three races but given our boat was safely packed up by the third race with the crew refusing to go anywhere near the water ever again the 5th must belong to someone else.
You have 9 starters which is correct but another boat should be there instead of us -
Anyone missing a 5th in the last race?   Andy & Charlotte

Roly Mo

Philip David was 5th.  I will discuss the results with Kevin.
J

Alex D

We plan to bring Grimley and Martha will be hoping there is no swimming to be done.

We are also looking forwards to the fireworks and a nice warm hotel.
Alex <br />(ex N3455, N3246)

martin 1262

Plan to be there in White Heat, but it will be Saturday only!!

Martin

Jerry G (Guest)

3365 Jemima will be there for the weekend. 

n12 Bottom Banner