National 12 - find out more...

Win a new jib for FREE

Started by Kevin, 20 Mar 2009, 01:40

« previous - next »

Kevin

If you would like a brand new jib, kindly donated by PINNELL & BAX, all you need to do is ensure the completed entry form for Buton Week and accompanying cheque are returned to Janet before the end of February for inclusion in a draw to be made at the Dinghy Show. 

Entry forms should be hitting the doormats this week.

Watch this space for more exciting Burton Week offers or visit the website at www.burtonweek.org on a regular basis to see what is new.

Kevin

Dare Barry (Guest)

Besides putting yourself in with a chance of winning a new Jib your early entry will really help with organising  the event. Last year shortly before last years Burton week only about 20 boats had entered, yet we had 40 boats racing. This makes the organisation of the event very difficult as prizes, catering, rescue boats all have to be ordered and paid for. So please help and get your entries in ASAP and perhaps win that P&B jib. Many thanks.
Dare Barry

Kevin

A reminder that to be included in the draw, entries need to be RECEIVED by the end of this month, so do it NOW!

Just to prove how enticing this offer is, I received a complaint very early (12.15 am) on Saturday morning from Bruce Johnson, who didn't like the fact that Claire had just written a cheque for their entry instead of leaving it until the morning of the first race. Listing of entrants so far should be appearing soon on www.burtonweek.org. Numbers are definitely ahead of recent years.

Kevin

Tim Gatti

That's great news Kevin - I'd heard a rumour that vintage entries were outnumbering the rest of the fleet. Come on all you db's and Admiral's Cupper's time to get your cheque books out and your entries in and make it a really impressive turnout this year. Tim

Antony (Guest)

From talking to people in the last couple of months I am pretty excited about how many people might be at TBYC on Satruday 23rd May!  I might even wager on a number above 60 which would be an excellent progression from the recent past.  The good news is that there is plenty of space in the field so we shouldn't be embarrassed by being unable to accept all the entries!
If anybody has a DB boat that they know that they cannot use that weekend and would be willing to lend can they let either John Meadowcroft or myself know as the list of very able young(ish) helms from other classes that would like to join us is growing still.
I wonder if I can cancel my unfilled order with P&B if i win the free one?
Antony
N3514 (entered and booked the B&B)

sam293

does anyone need a crew for bw?
also antony do you know if any of the young ish people from other classes would be wanting crews?

Dare Barry (Guest)

You have only 6 days to get that early entry to Janet to quilify for the P&B jib draw. You have a 24/1 chance at present.
Cheers Dare 

angus

25/1 mines in the post8)
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

chalky

So is mine. Still a good chance of winning, but only the jib! Can P&B make a cotton one for N760 if I win?

FuzzyDuck

Whilst talking to dare last night he told me we have 45 entries in before the deadline, so that now 1/45 chance!
Will be interesting to see who is in early when the BW website gets updated.
Sorry can't make Dinghy show, clashes with Dad's 70th birthday so we have to trek Up North to celebrate.
Simon
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

n12 Bottom Banner