National 12 - find out more...

Who's coming to Yorkshire Ouse????

Started by simon moss, 02 Jun 2009, 01:49

« previous - next »

simon moss

Yorkshire Ouse SC will be hosting it's open meeting this weekend.
There will be one race Saturday at 4 pm and Sunday will have 3 races starting at 11:15 with 3 races to count.
The cost this year will be £13 plus £2 Old Spice Levy.
On Saturday night there will be a BBQ on the lawn starting at 7pm and costing £6 per head.
Lunch will be available on Sunday and vegitarians will be looked after as well.
For those arriving early on Sunday a full English Breakfast can be bought at the Blacksmiths Arms opposite the club .
We have booked the weather and a quick count up of usual suspects gives a fleet of about 12 boats!
If you are planning a bit of river sailing at York this weekend please post here to help with the catering.
We lookforward to seeing you all on the river
Simon Moss
N3313

Roly Mo

Xanthus will be there.  Crew moaning about 'another weekend of sailing' but have told her she's not sailing the following weekend!

RM

Tim Gatti

N2255 Purely Platonic with Tim and Yvonne will be there.  (With big adjustments to make after the wild time at Thorpe Bay - I might just sail north of York looking for the windward mark!)

Chadders

N2266 Triarda will also be on parade, washed the salt off but no other adjustments since Thorpe Bay. Helen crewing on Saturday and crew supplied from the Purkis reserve fleet on Sunday.  We will also be at the BBQ and in case he misses the point (he occasionally does) Paul and Christine have booked at room in Knaresborough so count them in with Starfish as far as I know.  Howard C aka Chadders.

Tim Gatti

I meant mental adjustments - remember after Teignmouth last year at the Vintage event at Derwent? Seb and I sailed 300yds to what we thought was the windward mark, only to find the rest of the fleet had gone round one 100 yds or so away from the start line.  We had got so used to sailing for marks somewhere on the distant horizon!!  Now I accept that might be difficult at Naburn as there are too many trees and cruisers to get in the way.

Vince

We also have a local boat spare for any helm & crew team who would like to come along - N2430 'Complication' is in good fettle and is available for the weekend to a visitor. Contact Vince Phillips if interested.

paul turner

Greetings Simon! Christine and I will be there with (the) Starfish N2020 for both days so please book us for everything including the BBQ. Chadders is kindly putting us up (or putting up with us?). Weather forecast is not good? P :K)

simon moss

Thats great Paul,
 I said the weather was booked, I did not say it was good weather!!!:o but at least there is more wind forecast for Sunday than we normaly get for the Paddle at around 10mph with gusts to 13mph

Simon

Roly Mo

Bother.  I like sniddling weather!

RM

Chadders

Great open meeting at Yorkshire Ouse at the weekend and a well deserved win by Philip and Helen David hotly pursued by Bernard and Ellie Clark.  Thanks to the race officers, catering crew and all concerned I look forward to reading a report in due course (subtle hint Vince?) and seeing some photographs from all the camera's that were in use as we sniggled in and out of the moored motor cruisers with a fast running river and shifty force 3ish breeze, very exciting! Ten boats in total raced 8 vintage one 4 planker and an Admirals Cupper.  Howard C 

Roly Mo

Ellie thought 'river racing' was great fun, and that the best bit of all was using her new padded toestraps and sharing her Battenburg with Helen Nicholson after the race on Saturday!  She also mentioned seeing the cygnets, has identified a nice house down near the Lock if we ever win the Lottery, Brian and Ros capsizing (oh those pictures!), and Simon going gardening in the trees.  Bernard thought the best bit was not doing the last race - by that time his ankle was not happy and he'd had enough of the circular wind on bits of the course.  A good weekend and over 450 nice pics for the Handbook Editor to choose from!

There is another thread about encouraging youth/junior sailing - but it's worth saying here that getting kids out on the water is vital to the future of the class, and making sure they enjoy themselves is the only way to keep them coming back for more.  We had a very tired but happy little girl last night, who is now looking forward greatly to her next trip out in Xanthus.

Mrs RM
PS  Album on my Facebook account with a good selection of shots from the weekend.

n12 Bottom Banner