National 12 - find out more...

Yorkshire Dales open.

Started by GregPitt, 06 Jul 2009, 10:03

« previous - next »

GregPitt

First I have to say sorry for not making it to the Solway open, poor show from a scottish boat I know!! After our bad show at Leigh and Lowton we'd like to make an effort for this one. Never sailed there but a one day event is quite apealing. Who is planning on going??

Greg
N3473

Chadders

Squidgy Bits will be sailing as long as I find a crew!
Howard C aka Chadders

Roly Mo

Roly Mo will be sailing as long as I can find a crew
RM

Chadders

[face=Calibri]See YouTube for films of past years fun and games!!![/face]

Chadders

Hi again
Neil McInnes, Andrew Wilkinson and Mark n Emma are also coming out to play.
The notice says:- (Posted in from word sorry about the font bits!)

Yorkshire Dales Sailing Club  National Twelve ANEYC Open Meeting
12th July   First race 11:30                    3 races with 2 to count
Entry fee: £12 + old spice levy
Location: The sailing club is situated at Grimwith Reservoir on the B6265 between Grassington and Pateley Bridge.
www.yorkshiredales.sc

Chadders

Oh and John Cheetham and Tim Gatti are also planning on coming as well, Brian Herring was also sounding positive last weekend as long as the wind behaves so its looking close to double figures already!!8);D

simon moss

Hi every one
Nutmeg is coming to play first time on open water with her and I have got a crew, same one as last year we are trying to beat 5 swims!! ;D
Mind you wind guru has it force 3 rising to 4 by 4pm so should be a great sail.

see you there
Simon
N3313

Chadders

Crew sorted so Squidgy Bits will be sailing but not quite at optimum crew weight!

Roly Mo

<div id="m7">Crew sorted so Roly Mo will be sailing, at optimum crew weight! (I think)RM

Chadders

Squidgy will have circa 28 stone is that a tad high then?

icecreamman

So you and Bill are sailing then Howard. Expecting a blow?

Chadders

Jumping to conclusions Stewart but no and it all just changed!!!  I was sailing with Andrew Benn but he just called to say that he has found me a lighter crew and if he can borrow a main from me he will take his Crusader (his main is away for mending).  Hence jobs a good un so to speak as I can find a main and even offer a choice of number for him to sail with. 8);D  Yet another boat then this is looking good, coming to play icecreamman?

simon moss

Wind Guru now showing force 4 from 1pm onwards!;D

Tim Gatti

Seb keen to have his first blast in the Baggy, so I'll be interested to see if the enthusiasm is still there at 7.30 on Sunday morning after his v late shift at the hotel.  Black coffee will be waiting.  So we'll be there with N3227 - 'Thriller'. Can you believe that someone suggested to me that it was bound to increase in value now that Micheal Jackson had died!  Can't see it as a collector's item myself - unless it's someone crazy enough to collect National Twelves - in which case I've already collected it. Tim

simon moss

Did I say force 4 forecast!! felt alot more, thanks to Seb for helping me beat my 5 swims last year what a fANTASTIC day out;D;D;D

n12 Bottom Banner