National 12 - find out more...

Gill Series Finale and Inland Championship

Started by Charlotte Stewart, 13 Oct 2009, 09:45

« previous - next »

Charlotte Stewart

The final event of the 2009 Gill Series will take place on Saturday 7 November at Northampton Sailing Club.  There is a briefing at 11.15am, first race at 12 noon and there will be 3 races back to back.  The Gill Series prize giving will take place in the evening, with proceedings run by our very own Michael Brookman and will be followed by food, fireworks and a disco.

Both Saturday and Sunday are the 2009 Inland Championships so make sure that you arrange to stay overnight for the final two races to be held on Sunday - race 4 will start at 10.30am with the 5th and final race to follow.

The winning Junior over the 2 days will be awarded the Midland Area Junior Trophy - awarded to the first placed helm aged 21 and under on 7 November 2009, a fantastic trophy to win - with many well known names having won in years gone by (sadly I am just too old to qualify....)

Camping on site is free - please contact the club if you plan to bring a camper van - breakfast will be available on Sunday morning at the Club.

If you think November is a little late in the year to camp, a double room can be booked at Sedgebrook Hall for £75 including breakfast. 
Further detail can be found on the NOR on the home page.  Let us know if you are coming....

Chris Troth

I'll be there with 3412.
Camping with a tent.
If anyone is looking for a crew, I have two very eager and experieced (in 12s) young ladies going spare. Please get in touch.
Chris

tom white

Le shed will now be coming along :)

bit of a change of plan will be needing my crew back so sorry maz is off the vacancies list :P
instead she will be doing some potting in a shed :D
looking forward to it :)
Tom White N2765

Jane Wade

Bumping this back to the top.
Very much looking forward to the Season Finale at my home club.  Hope lots of you are joining Alpha Male - posting back to this thread will help Tom and Charlotte with catering etc.
See you all soon.
Jane

FuzzyDuck

Matt and I will be there in 'Fat Boy', then I'm sacking him for growing too quickly..
Simon
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

darebarry

We will be bringing " The Ginger Pudding " across the solent. 3 for food please.  Are there any other Pudding boats planning to sail.
Cheers Dare 

Jerry G

broz

martin 1262

martin and matt will be there!

Martin
White Heat

Steve (Guest)

We'll be there too.

Steve & Joanne
N3436

Andy Bayliss

I am planning to go, just need a crew for the Saturday!

Any offers?

Andy N3481

GC

3411 will be there and possibly 3280 as well
I might sack Nick before the event and go with Tanya
Nick has also grown and we may now be over 16 stone so he'll have to go.
Gerald

James Taylor

We will be there, first road trip with Charlie :):) Emma not sailing and I am cheating and sailing 3454 Jammy Dodger with Sam,:):)
Whoop see you all soon it's been a while.
James, Emma, Charlie
N3402 but sailing N3454

Antony (Guest)

It sounds like we are going to be there for Saturday but sadly not Sunday.  Since we will not have the boys with us we should be able to stick around for the food & fireworks (they hate them!) and perhaps the disco....
It will be our first sail in the boat, so we might struggle to even put it together...
Antony
N3348

PJD

N3217 will be there, with Anthony Copsey crewing hopefully. If I don't freeze on Sat night I may sail on Sunday too!
Philip

n12 Bottom Banner