National 12 - find out more...

GILL SERIES 1- Burghfield SC

Started by Jeremy C, 19 Feb 2010, 09:21

« previous - next »

Jeremy C

Even though there is snow on the ground again today, spring is very nearly here and that means the open sailing season is soon to be in full swing.

With this in mind the first of the GILL series is at Burghfield SC on the 27th March 2010. As usual we are operating a pre-registration booking procedure to help plan the event in advance. Format for the day is three races with one discard, first race from 11am with the remaining two races back to back after lunch. 

With only two Gill events calendared before Burton Week can you afford to miss out on some big fleet racing?

Please use the link below to pre-register. Note that pre-registration does not require pre-payment but is only to help with early planning and to save you time on the day as all the pre-registered information will automatically be downloaded onto your official entry form saving you the hasssle of writing it all out!

Entry on the day for the event is £18 but if you pre-register this drops to £16

www.burghfieldsailing.org/p343

We are looking this year to provide tea and cakes at the end of the event as having been to Henley for the first time last year I now feel hungry at just the thought of it and want to make sure that you are all equally weighted up as I am at present after relative winter hibernation!
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Jeremy C

Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

andymck

jez, does not look likely for me, hope to be on the water around that date, but may be too early

Andy
Andy Mck<br />3529

grazz

We'll be there, first outing for me after Felix being born, here's hoping granny can cope with babysitting for 2!
Zoe

Charlotte Stewart (Guest)

Not long now unil the first event in this year's Gill series....don't forget to pre-register via the Burghfield SC website. 

John Meadowcroft

We will be there blowing the cobwebs away........
An early opportunity to buy your National twelve rash vest!!

Gareth

I was hoping to give Flipside a runout but am crewless that weekend, I'll be there if there are any willing volunteers.........
Any offers?
Gareth
Flipside N3496

Jeremy C

Gareth- See quote below from Laura at OMSC

Quote from: 640Hi all.
I'm trying to stay involved in National 12 sailing as i've really enjoyed sailing them over the last 12 months or so. Due to unavoidable circumstances i'm now without a helm so i was wondering whether any of you N12 sailors are in need of a crew this season? Confident sailor in the front of a 12, sailing at many opens and getting a range of results. Would appreciate any replies.
Drop me an email for those who are interested.

Many thanks. Laura Humphrey (OMSC)

She left a post of page 2 of the forum with this... you may want to get in contact.

Jeremy

broz

Ros and brian are planning to sail 3271

terry c

Mike S (Guest)

Electric Prune is coming
Mike
N3491

Jeremy C

Five days to go before the first of the GILL series 2010.
Could I remind those that have expressed an interest in coming that by pre-registering (using the link in the frst post on this thread) you will save money on the entry fee! It will also mean that you don't have to waste time filling out forms on the day as your regristration will printed and just waiting for your signature. In addition it helps us plan for the day in advance, hence the reduced entry fee.

N.B. pre-registration will close on Friday so don't leave it until the last minute!

Forecast as of 10 minutes ago..... looks good, but obviously early days yet.

Jeremy C

Pre-entry is now closed, but you can still enter at the event tomorrow.
It would be really helpful if those who have entered could pay by cheque tomorrow as it saves problems with change!
cheques made payable to Burghfield sailing club, if you want to write it early!

See you all tomorrow..

Jane Wade

Thanks to Jeremy and George for organising a great day's sailing / cake eating.  Thanks to Nick for great courses.  Also thanks to all the great cake bakers (Charlotte, Mandy et al).
See you all at Up River I hope.
Jane

Jeremy C

A bit of video footage from the event is now available to view on the BW 2010 facebook page.

Follow the link below

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=337226392035

didn't realise that you have to have a facebook login to see the video so will also add it to u-tube. url coming shortly, or just join facebook... doesn't take a minute!

n12 Bottom Banner