National 12 - find out more...

BURTON WEEK ENTRIES

Started by BURTON WEEK 2010, 05 Mar 2010, 11:21

« previous - next »

angus

You will have to come to Scotland Jane, Half our events are on the sea. Sea you there!;D
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Mike S (Guest)

Jane - I can recommend Swanage Regatta. 12s hold a superb old trophy (with its own wooden storage box) from last year and would be great for 12s to retain it this year which would mean a degree of planning and commitment to make sure we were the biggest handicap class. Normally its the first weekend in August.
Mike S
N3491

Jane Wade

Thanks Mike - will put it in the diary for 2011.  In 2010 I will be in Looe competing (gulp!) at the Scorpion Nationals with my husband.  Nowhere near as comfortable as the 12!

Arthur Henderson

I've sent off my entry form and I'm looking forward to the champs already! I will be sailing my dad's boat, and I was wondering if I had to be a member of the class association to take part??
Thanks, Arthur

martin 1262

Entry Form posted today. Not sure what boat at this stage, it will either be a feeling foolish or the restored starfish.. It will depend on how long it takes it get the starfish on the water.
Martin and Matt
3458 or 2306

FuzzyDuck

I to have posted the entry form today. We will splash around at the back in the Crusader and let all the serious people play with their Kittens and wings.
Simon & Matt
aka Simon Hopkins<br />3252 Silent Running<br />Ex 3230, 3413, 3470, 3236

Gareth

Entry form in the post today for Flipside, just hoping she completes Burton Week this year!
Gareth and Jen
N3496 Flipside

Tim Gatti

54 early entries for the P&B Free Jib Draw is absolutely brilliant and beats last year's early doors entry.  Could this mean we are on track to exceed the Thorpe Bay total of 80 boats?  Let's see if we can do it and make Weymouth a National Championships to remember. 

If you are thinking of entering - why wait? And if you have already entered why not see if you can encourage others to register for the event as well.  If you able to provide a 12 for others to sail or if you are short of a crew - post the details on the forum and we'll get something sorted for you. 
See the countdown on Jeremy's great Burton Week website for the number of days left before it all gets underway!

I look forward to seeing you all there

Tim

MikeDay

Re post 21 ...

Gareth - I think you'll find we completed the week last year, but just in several pieces!  Glad you'll be giving Flipside another go ...

Mike D
N35**

ifoxwell

Hi all
As some one new to the class all your history is new to me...
So i was looking at the entry form for Burton week and wondered... if we get a boat in time and decide to come down what boxes would i tick in the section regarding "subsidiary trophies"?
Cheers
Ian

darebarry

Ian.
It is all down to age,sex,boat type,weight. If you go onto the Burton web page and look at 'Notice of Race' it explains what cat. each trophy is raced for. Burton week is a great event so come and enjoy yourself.
Dare barry N3521 The Ginger Pudding  

John Meadowcroft

And the P&B jib...
Goes to Caroline Martin.
Thanks to P&B!

Tim Gatti

It's good to see that we are now up to 56 entries with a few more about to go in the post I hear with five weeks still to go.
I'm really hoping we can make it to 65+ boats by 29th May
So - if you are still thinking of entering please get your forms in soon - not only to ensure you get your seats secured for the Burton Dinner but also to help those organising the event. 
The budget is quite tight this year so it is really helpful for the Burton Committee to know how many entry fees to expect and how many Safety Boats and crews need to be provided and paid for (1 per 15 boats on the water).
Looking forward to another great Burton event!
Tim

John Meadowcroft

At this rate we may even get 65 entries by the 1st of May...........

Sam Barker

Hi im Sam Barker (15, 5"10, 65kg) and i am interested to sail at Burton Week Weymouth.
I am a weymouth sailior and i can either helm or crew. If you are by any chance short of your crew or helm i am more that happy to fill in that big gap in the boat!

n12 Bottom Banner