National 12 - find out more...

Which Proctor Section?

Started by steviec, 26 Aug 2010, 09:58

« previous - next »

steviec

Are there any clues on my metal Proctor mast which will detemine which section i have

Steve

google (Guest)

It’s probably a C (from the anorexics) or a Kappa (for the salad dodgers).

Dimensions/shapes give on the Selden site, should be easy to work out.

http://www.seldenmast.co.uk/dinghy/index.asp

johnk

If the above does not work, measure the fore and aft dimension in mm. Do the same for the transverse dimension. Post the results here and let forum members dive their opinions.

steviec

steviec

oh hell tis a C section.  Being 22 stone it may explain a few issues!

fat kid (Guest)

steviec

Yes, I have also moved the spreaders forward etc.  She was bending like a bendy thing before I changed the spreaders.  Not sure really on the advice regarding the use of lowers in flat water, some say mast ram upwind wind lowers off, others just have lowers, or just a ram....any clues?

fat kid (Guest)

Lowers downwind certainly, and the ram won't hurt (nothing on the run).  Upwind take your pick, people have strong views, but top boats have been quick with either.
[face=Arial] [/face]
Could try asking around for a Kappa discarded when someone went carbon, you may get one cheap.

steviec

Do you pull the lowers back on tight or back to the datum mark (point of nature bend etc with out sails on)

fat kid (Guest)

Datum i.e. mast straight but not inverted, but remember the ‘datum’ moves if you change the rake

n12 Bottom Banner