National 12 - find out more...

Gill Meeting at Ripon SC

Started by Roly Mo, 14 Aug 2010, 01:40

« previous - next »

Roly Mo

Ripon Sailing Club are delighted to welcome the National 12 ‘Gill’ fleet to their N12 open meeting to be held on Saturday 2 October 2010.    In addition to the Gill series the event qualifies for the 2010 Vintage and Northern Series.   

There will be 3 races sailed during the day, with 2 to count.   Racing will commence at 11am with a briefing at 10.30am.

Camping is available at the club on Saturday night (no need to book in advance for this) and on Friday night by prior arrangement (give me a call or email me).   Helms who want to make it a weekend event are reminded that Yeadon SC, just 20 minutes away, will hold their Open Meeting the following day. 

We have a new Caterer at the club and she is looking forward to providing you with food and drink throughout the day.  A supper will be served after sailing and the bar will be open throughout the evening.

It would be great to know if you are coming along, a briefing document is in the final stages of preparation and will be posted on the website soon.

RM

Chadders

Triarda will be coming out to play for this one and for Yeadon the day after with Helen in the front both days.  Squidgy Bits may also make an appearance.

Roly Mo

We'd love to hear from anyone who is coming so we can get some idea of numbers!  If any helms are likely to want a crew can they let us know as soon as possible?  We have a number of very keen juniors who would probably like to sail but need to book them up as soon as possible.
RM

Roly Mo

Ellie and I will be there in the D8, Ken is borrowing Roly, Andrew is bringing his Crusader, Angus and Howard are going Vintage, Jonno and Char are coming and leaving Tom to child mind, Brian Kitch is borrowing a D8 to give me a run for my money, and Brian and Ros will be coming in something old (could it be the weather for the 4A?) but other than that I've had little indication of anyone else joining us.  As Mrs Clark has to go shopping for prizes this weekend we would dearly love to have some more feedback on who's coming to play and who's not!
Remember this is a Gill meeting and with one less meeting currently in the pot this could be your chance to get those vital extra races in!
RM

GC

I will be there with Nick but probably 1 boat only (3411 with Nick helming) Looking forward to it - don't suppose you can guarantee the 40+ mph gusts we had last time but you never know.
intending to come Friday night without getting lost on way this time.
Gerald & Nick  

Roly Mo

If you anyone is coming on Friday night can you please contact me nearer the time (and by Thursday next week at the latest) with your likely ETA and so we can explain access arrangements.     Camping is available on the field and the facilities (toilets, showers etc) will be available throughout the night.  Our Caterer will be serving breakfast on both Saturday and Sunday mornings.
RM

Tim Gatti

Hi - hope to come over to watch the action at some point,  but unfortunately unable to sail due to other commitments.
Tim

Patrick Hamilton

N3361 (wooden topped design 8) from Burwain Sailing Club planning to be there as well. It sounds like the old design 8s will be out in force.
Patrick Hamilton

Roly Mo

Up to 15 boats now.  Come on guys, let's hear who else is coming!
Jennie

antony (Guest)

Jennie,
Sadly we cannot make it.  If I had known earlier that it was to be a festival of Design 8 sailing then i might have tried a bit harder to sort out the logistics!
Have fun,
Antony

Roly Mo

You (and your 8) will be missed!

Chadders

Have you got Brian Wady and his 11a on your list?  Rumour has it he is doing some training with Liz on Wednesday afternoon in readiness for the weekend.:)

PJD

Little Meg plans to be there & I believe the Purkis' too.

Roly Mo

It's raining hard today but sunshine is the forecast for tomorrow!

Chadders

A belated thank you to Ripon Sailing Club, race officers, helpers, caterers and all involved for an excellent event and for looking after us so well.  I have seen a report on the Ripon website and on Yachts and Yachting but not on our own site yet, am I loosing it or has it not been posted yet?

n12 Bottom Banner