National 12 - find out more...

Carbon boom / Mast

Started by Jon M, 13 Mar 2011, 07:28

« previous - next »

Lukepiewalker

I've been underwhelmed by every single one of them at some time or another.

Jeremy C

carbon mast available....
easy postage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGL1u451s08

Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Jane Wade

Brilliant Jeremy, some of the best footage ever.  Would also like to see it at normal speed.

Jeremy C

I'll post it at normal speed soon, just waiting for some better video editing software to arrive as the loss of quality is huge compared to the original. Have rather alot of scary footage from sunday!
Trick Cyclist-3444<br />In the pink-3408<br />Kifi-2431- under restoration<br />Flying Saucer 1277 (joint owner)<br />and now Bart 3455 too (sigh!)

Tim Gatti

I notice your main sheet was running under the rubbing strake on the stbd qtr - I wonder if that contributed in part?
Pretty dramatic stuff - look fwd to seeing it at normal (break(goose)neck) speed!
Tim

icecreamman

This is a good way of illustrating what can happen when you start going down the mine, and as everyone else has said, pretty dramatic breakage and how much quicker 12s are than Enterbarges.

Chadders

Mast repair??  I have a China Doll that would love to have a carbon boom if you want to sell whats left of your mast Jeremy!  Howard  PS sorry if that sounds very opportunistic.

Jeremy C

Breakage ... what happens when an old shroud gives way... check the condition of your shrouds
Sorry, I have a Final Chapter which is also looking forward to a carbon boom.

MikeDay

Jeremy

That video is quite brilliant and that you had the presence of mind to smile to the camera afterwards ... hats off!

Mike D
N3533

angus

Great bit of footage, it is amazing what lengths people will go to to get a decent bit of u tube footage., I am just interested in what the enterprise sailor said as he sailed by: could it be 'A cool way to depower' or perhaps the more subtle 'See you in the bar LoooZZer'.8)
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

Jeremy C

Not sure I was smiling at the camera... more at Anne in her ent as she sailed past us again! On the mainsheet issue, I agreed it was really not good to have it hooked over the transom, but there was little we could do about it at the time!
 I have lovely footage of our tripple nose dive, just before our gybing  capsize at the previous mark, Once we got the boat up again, I was so determined to catch up Anne in her Ent, that I set off pretty quickly and didn't even notice until we were halfway down the reach that the main sheet was hooked over the transom, thought the extra resistance in it was because it was a bit windy!

Jeremy C

full speed vid, with new software.. not full HD as file size quite big, but let me know your comments on quality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihTedJ9eqfw

nigelf

Jeremy, in an earlier life you must have been either a showman or a masochist. Marvellous footage, designed to either terrify or inspire, depending on your point of view. Congratulations. Nigel. N3535.

broz

Just bought a new guitar, the company I bought from only deliver Monday to Thuresday. They claim, the weekend parcel staff nick the goods.
When I worked for kodak as a photographer we stopped using Special Delivery and changed to Recorded Delivery for the same reason.

philipcosson (Guest)

finally got the compensation money from interparcel today

n12 Bottom Banner