National 12 - find out more...

Vintage Handicap Meeting at Ripon SC - 2 July 2011

Started by Roly Mo, 08 Jun 2011, 02:24

« previous - next »

Roly Mo

Just to remind you, Ripon SC will host a Vintage 'handicap' meeting on 2 July 2011.  There will be 3 races, with 2 to count and the handicaps for races 2 and 3 will be based on results from race 1 (with some number crunching by Howard and Tim over lunch).  The first race will start at 11am.
If anyone needs a crew for this event they are asked to get in touch asap, and by 25 June at the latest.  We are just waiting for some final information before sending the NOR to Graham for posting on the website.
It would be lovely to know how many boats/helms/crews are coming along to join in the fun,
Mrs RM

paul turner

Greetings Mrs RM! Dolly Daydream intends to be there with Turner and Preston on board! Px :K)
PS Is is 2 of 3 or 3 of three to count?

Roly Mo

2 races out of 3 to count Paul, glad to hear you are coming along
Mrs RM

Roly Mo

So far it looks like just 3 or 4 boats, surely that can't be so? 
RM

Roly Mo

Latest update, via Chadders!
In addition to Team RM and Ed Willett we are now expecting Chadders, Tim Gatti, Brian n'Ros, Brian Wady and Philip David so the fleet expands!  Anyone else coming out to play?
RM

paul turner

Tim Gatti

Roly Mo

The OOD has now been briefed on the handicapping system!
RM

Chadders

Big thankyou to Jennie, all the team at Ripon and James Ricketts our OOD for todays Vintage Handicap Meeting great event, great weather (except for the wind perhaps) and great company what could be better.  Thank you to all concerned.  Howard

Roly Mo

It has been a really lovely day.  Sailing in the true spirit of friendly competition (even if the small crew is still muttering about the killer handicap applied to them for the last race!!).  So lovely to welcome the fleet to the club, and we hope for a great turnout in October too.
Mrs RM
PS - Can Chadders please pass on compliments to Mrs Chadders for the truly scrumptious lemon cake!

Roly Mo

Chadders

Maybe winning race 2 by half a lap wasnt a good move then?

edwillett

I second Howard's sentiments...great event, great club and great people and the long drive was well worthwhile, my thanks to all.

angus

Sorry i missed it, I quite like the sound of RM's handicap maybe he should be made to sail with it all the time, especially now he has a super fit light weight crew
All smoke and Mirrors. N2153, 2969, 3411

n12 Bottom Banner