National 12 - find out more...

Salcombe regatta 2011

Started by wobbly, 29 Jul 2011, 11:19

« previous - next »

wobbly

Salcombe Yacht Club have asked if the N12 fleet would like to have a class dinner in the chart room on Thursday of SYC regatta. Before accepting or declining the offer it would be good to gauge interest. Can you please  post replies here? There will be food each night at the club any way,  I believe moule frite on Mon, BBQ and under 18's race Tues eve and big social with Irish band and hearty food on Wed. If there is interest for the Thursday to have a class supper we can make it early to accomodate families.  I think we would aim for filling food rather than fancy! Look forward to seeign your views
Para docs.

JohnMurrell

And I believe that Grandad Philip is resigned to not 'Wandering' the streets of Salcombe that night and is offering a baby(nanny?):ositting service in Grenville Road so that Meds and Katy can let their hair down

John Meadowcroft

We will go if you all go...

We are going to do the STOMP night at SYC the night before and hope to celebrate at the prize giving too!

John, SYC should directly email all N12 entrants as I am not sure that this is the best way to get to everyone.

JohnMurrell

On  the list  of things to do on Monday morning.............................:-/

wobbly

There was suffient interest being expressed after Saturday racing to go for it. With preference being for a 'hearty meal' e.g. Lasagna with veggie option and early so that we can get an earlyish night to recover after the 'stomp' and prepare for the prize giving night bonanza. Book with the SYC bar or with John M. 
Thanks for the feedback. Para docs.

John Meadowcroft (Guest)

We're in.  Lasagna is my favourite.
So it comes down to are the boys coming or not?  You don't need to reply here...

Meds

MikeDay

Well - great regatta and congratulation to Meds and Katy for a fine overall win.  It was jolly windy - especially in Monday's F6 when I found the weakest point in my winged rudder set-up and so a big thank you to the two unoffical rescue boats that finally got us back to the boat park.  21 boats was a great turn-out and the Salcombe fleet was as hospitable as ever.

Mike D
N3533

JohnMurrell

Peter to Dad Simon ' I think that you have broken your rudder'
Jemima to Peter ' Don't worry about your Dad, look where you are going!'
Peter 'Drat!' (or words to that effect...........................................)

JohnMurrell

Yes it did blow a bit...................................

n12 Bottom Banner