National 12 - find out more...

26th Nov - Olton Mere Open

Started by Chris Troth, 30 Oct 2011, 09:01

« previous - next »

Chris Troth

Hi All.
We've got some of our water back, and sailing has resumed at the mere, so it's looking good for our open meeting. We plan to run 3 races, one before lunch and 2 after, with the first race starting at 11am. There will be a short briefing at 10:30.
There will be food on at the club at lunchtime in the form of jacket potatoes and fillings, and the bar will be open in the afternoon.
If you're planning to come, please follow the link and complete the form so we can plan a good day's sailing:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDViX2xFR2UxUXdTWVhCdUJibm9NQ3c6MQ
This will be the final open meeting in the Midland area so prizes for this will follow sailing.
If anyone wants to make a weekend of it, you are welcome to join in with club racing on the Sunday.
If you have any questions, shout up. If you would like to come, but don't have a crew, I can probably sort something out. Hope to see you there!
Chris

paul turner

Wow - that was a lot easier than filling in a form on the day! Do we get a discount? Px :K)

Chris Troth

Will certainly make my job easier on the day. Probably should have said that entry will be £10.
Chris

Chris Troth

Well it's just under a fortnight until the final midland area N12 open of 2011. We now have plenty of water, so there really is no reason not to come!
If you are planning to sail, it would be helpful to know you're coming! So please please fill out the online form at:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dDViX2xFR2UxUXdTWVhCdUJibm9NQ3c6MQ
The more people that sign up, the more prizes I can buy!
There is a slight change of plan re: timings on the day to help out the ladies in the kitchen. New plan is to have two back-to-back races before lunch, and finish with one race after. Briefing still at 10:30, with first gun going at 11am.
We have 8 boats planning to sail so far - hoping for a few more.
Chris

Red Hot Pudding

Hi Chris
Just wanted to let you know that Jenny and I are planning to be there. I did fill in the online form, but I'm not at all sure it got to you. If it did then great, if not, perhaps you could let me know and i'll try again.
Cheers
Ian 3316

Chris Troth

Thanks Ian. It hasn't come through, but don't worry. Have another go if you fancy it, otherwise I'll see you a week on Saturday.
Cheers
Chris

Chris Troth

Under a week to go now, so if you are planning to come and haven't filled in the online form, please do so.
There will be jacket potatoes available for lunch.
Any questions, get in touch.
Chris

Geoff and Amelia (Guest)

Hi,
Any crews available for Saturday?
Regards,
Geoff

Chris Troth

Yes. How many would you like!?
Chris
Chris

Geoff Camm (Guest)

Hi Chris,
Hoping for just the one or a babysitter. I have submitted my intention to enter via the on line form. Perhaps you can drop me an email to discuss.
Cheers,
Geoff

Geoff (Guest)

Thanks for the Crew. Great days sailing.
Geoff

Tom white (Guest)

Yeah, it was a great day dailing :) ,
 I'd just like to thank everyone for coming, it was great to see so many boats from all over the country come to our little puddle :)

Also thank you chris troth for organising the event at olton, paul turner for organising the midland area again and all the other people who have organised the opens on the midland area circuit.
 Was such a great year sailing as per usuall, hope to see you all next year :)

Thanks again
 Tom White (n2765)

n12 Bottom Banner